Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gottlieb Flipper

Pinheaded

Question

Hey all,

I have a dodgy 3rd flipper on Stargate.....

Did a flipper rebuild and replaced the solenoid, but the flipper doesn't raise a yelp!!

The flipper moves, but has no power in it and when it does move it goes down fairly quickly.

Anyone shed any light on this one??

Thanks

2 answers to this question

I'd check the wiring against the manual / schematic and make sure it is correct first. I'm not familiar with GTB arrangements, but on WMS they can be wired differently - examples are using a two pole flipper button switch, bringing power for the upper flipper from a series winding of the lower coil, using an extra switch on the lower eos to operate the upper flipper etc. In machines that have come to me this wiring has always been stuffed about by someone doing a repair / mod and they've bodged it without understanding what they are doing.

Hey all,

I have a dodgy 3rd flipper on Stargate.....

Did a flipper rebuild and replaced the solenoid, but the flipper doesn't raise a yelp!!

The flipper moves, but has no power in it and when it does move it goes down fairly quickly.

Anyone shed any light on this one??

Thanks

Sounds like the hold coil is moving the flipper and the power coil is not connected somehow