Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mata Hari Playfield

Hey, has anyone done a playfield swap over on a Mata Hari?

I scored a nice one for cheap, but a little scared as have never done

one before.... Am pretty comforatble with mechanical stuff,

but the electrics are freaking me out.

Haven't done a Mata Hari but I've done 4 playfield swaps on System 11 and WPC stuff .

Label Everything that you unplug and take HEAPS of photos with the IPhone or the like as you go .

It's not that bad once you get going , you'll be fine .

• Administrators
Haven't done a Mata Hari but I've done 4 playfield swaps on System 11 and WPC stuff .

Label Everything that you unplug and take HEAPS of photos with the IPhone or the like as you go .

It's not that bad once you get going , you'll be fine .

Good advise. Download as many pics as you can too. Google "Mata Hari teardown" , or "playfield strip" and see what comes up. Sure as eggs you will take a photo at just the wrong angle for the bit you cannot work out where to put :)

Dave

Got a feeling you got my old pf off Charles?

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/69539-Mata-Hari-PF-Swap-The-Good-the-Bad-amp-the-Ugly

Easiest way I find is to flip the pf 180 degrees, leave it in the cabinet, and undo everything, coils, globes braid wire etc... But leave it all in place, when it's all undone, slide a large piece (at least as large as the PF) of cardboard between the old PF and the wires coils etc. with the cardboard under the wires,coils and on top of the old PF, slide out the old PF and then slide the new one underneath the cardboard, then slide out the cardboard . if you do it carefully the wires, coils will still be in the original position making it easy to screw everything back in.

Note. Remove the old wood side rails and attach to your new PF before sliding under the cardboard so you new PF is not resting on the cabinet supports and you won't damage it.

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/67405-EBD-playfield-swap

Thanks Skids,

yes I got the playfield off Charles, good deal thanks mate. I'd like to see your machine, sounds like it must be minty.

I got mine for steal, Charles probably told you. Just been doing bits & pieces so far, playfield is a must do next I think.

You wouldn't be interested for the right $$??

Dixie Dreggs ..Nice one

Have a go yourself. Mata hari should not be too hard ;)

Thanks Skids,

yes I got the playfield off Charles, good deal thanks mate. I'd like to see your machine, sounds like it must be minty.

I got mine for steal, Charles probably told you. Just been doing bits & pieces so far, playfield is a must do next I think.

You wouldn't be interested for the right $$??

Dixie Dreggs ..Nice one