Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

DIY project - N64 repro boxes for your loose carts

Thought I'd share this as it was a fun DIY project this afternoon and costs about $3 a box.

I had 6 loose N64 carts floating around without boxes and saw this thread on reddit where a few guys had printed their own -

I'm not fooling myself (or trying to pass off these to anyone else as genuine) - simply boxes stack a lot nicer on the shelf and look prettier too :) Two sites have decent scanned box art - NintAndBox.net and TheCoverProject.net - I grabbed mine from NintAndBox.net.

Printed the cover art as A3 140gsm gloss at officeworks (was a bit worried they would ask me about copyright!), then glued those onto 300gsm card with spray adhesive before trimming, folding and securing with a bit of double sided tape. Next step will be to make the cardboard inserts, but so far pretty happy with the results (below).

Box_Turok_Front.jpg.b0cc44f996a9a1912e70c55ec9c60f74.jpg

Boxes_All.jpg.cdd886266ee8177cedbce8d5868305bc.jpg

Boxes_PerfectDark.jpg.9a34ef09045822435cba22314fbb6409.jpg

Box_Turok_Back.jpg.457f3238116dd0aa00a271cfb2bc9e4b.jpg

I touched up a few scans on nintandbox and they (nintandbox operators) rejected them.

Their loss I suppose.

Your prints look good, I really must get around to doing this some time.

I just have so many loose cartridges though >_>

I touched up a few scans on nintandbox and they (nintandbox operators) rejected them.

Their loss I suppose.

Your prints look good, I really must get around to doing this some time.

I just have so many loose cartridges though >_>

Did they give a reason for rejecting them? Would have thought they would welcome the contribution! :(

I've not got a lot of boxed games, but was planning to scan and send if they've not already - will post to this thread on how it goes...

Look very nice and does add to the collecting experience to have them stored right.

Thanks for the photo's

Cheers Crafty :)

They'll accept scans fine, but theyre super strict about revisions/touch ups.

They stated there was too much quality loss in my touch up

see for yourself (left=og):

http://i.imgur.com/vajucwe.jpg

heres the ones ive done if you want them:

Mario64

MarioKart64

MarioParty2 - This one is scratch assembled from various online sources since there was no original scan for the Pal version

DK64

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to making some inserts - couple of pics below.

Similar process to the boxes - I printed the template out A4 on my B&W Laser printer, spay glued to card and trimmed, but this time folded 'backwards' so that the template is hidden. There are 2 designs on the Nintendbox.net - a more complicated version and a 'custom' simplified version. The complicated version took twice as long and looked the same once in the box, so stuck with the simplified one after that.

Picked up Quake 2 and Mario Kart 64 this week - paid too much for mario kart but impatience got the better of me ;)

So qwertylesh - will get to use your box art mate! ;)

DSC_0080_s.jpg.3867d2e8df75913e48fb27340ad5fec3.jpg

DSC_0083_s.jpg.2b241c4592eaa67a165f95ada9ee3f78.jpg