53 Post(s)

dkon0008.png

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1059 Post(s)
    Tried just running boards for a killscreen but couldn't get there. 2 spring deaths didnt help and some poor decision making on the rivet stage
    0003.png

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)
    http://i.imgur.com/T35ivP7.jpg
    new PB for me but only by a measly 400 points!

im happy but disappointed at the same time.

was a easily avoidable death on barrel stage.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quoted
    672 Post(s)

It'll have to do for now
    Attached Images Attached Images

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1059 Post(s)
    Hard to give tips on this without writing a novel (even for running boards), but I'll do my best.

Barrels
    -Skip the bottom hammer, it only creates problems. Levels 1-4 you want to get through as quickly as possible, because of the wild barrels. L5+ wild barrels are infinitely easier to predict.
    -When transitioning between the 4th and 5th girder (up the very middle ladder), DUMP barrels down the right side broken ladder. Do this by holding right direction (steering)
    (A quick note on steering - as you progress to L5, steering becomes easier. i.e. L1 barrels only steer ~25% of the time, L4+ they steer ~75% of the time)
    -For Levels 1-4, get the top hammer as soon as you get up there and walk across, smashing all barrels in your way. Don't walk under Kong as he is grabbing a barrel, wait for him to turn right and start the release.

Pies
    -Wait on the left side of the purse for the fireballs to spawn. Fireballs spawn from the oil can on the same side of the screen that Jumpman is on. L3 has 3 fireballs, L4 has 4 and L5+ has 5. L3 and L4 will spawn extra fireballs later on in the screen (up to 5).
    -When the fireballs have spawned, take the "free pass" up the right side (if possible). If not, grab the hammer and try and smash them so they all spawn on the same side.
    -The bottom conveyor will change direction when DK gets to the far left side. Top conveyors do not change directions.
    -Fireballs up the very top (where DK is) do not come back down the retractable ladders.

Elevators
    -The springs reach max difficulty on L4 and stay that way throughout the game
    -This level is the hardest at first, but with practice it becomes the easiest. Hard to explain things through text but this video explains it pretty well:

-Basically you want to know where each SS (safe spot) is:springtime_zps0a8c22cf.png
    -To get from SS1 to SS2 (right to left) - go on a short spring
    -To get from SS2 to the ladder, go on a long spring.
    Complete strategy (very in-depth) here

Rivets
    -2 patterns here - either the weave or the star. I use the star, other DK players swear by the weave.
    -General strategy is to pull the rivets on the left side and then get 1 (or both) of the hammers and smash the fireballs on the right, so they spawn on the left and are trapped. Unlike the pies, they spawn on the opposite side of where Jumpman is.
    -Fireballs can only go down a ladder when Jumpman is below them (true for every board)

I realise some of this is pretty vague, so if you have questions just fire away and I'll do my best to answer them

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)
    Amazing write up there... Thanks man, never even played this as I only loved shooting anything that moved BITD. Will be having a crack now armed with the insider goss.
    Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer....

State
    Sydhey
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Quoted
    902 Post(s)

Week 1 update for DK, plenty more time for monkey business

G5W1.PNG

State
    of Confusion
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

IMG_3041a.jpg

Latest attempt, but with a disclaimer. I did it on a machine at a public arcade today and didn't have access to the dipswitches. It was set to 6 lives to start, but I killed off the 1st 3 lives before scoring any points (by jumping into the oil tank). If this isn't acceptable, let me know and I'll try and do another score on my machine or MAME. I can't imagine it would have any effect on the game play itself. I usually do that when I play that machine, because playing with 6 lives feels like cheating

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)
    http://i.imgur.com/cvhp6nH.jpg

new PB

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information