Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [FINISHED] MGL 26 - Game 5 - Donkey Kong

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)
    My two cabs just happen to be setup with DK and Rygar.. the stars have aligned. Now to ship the wife and kids off for a week..

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1059 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camaro View Post
    Fark no there goes the MGL........ Good luck all!
    Lol what do you mean? I'll be lucky to get 10 points on Rygar

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

State
    melbourne
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

0002.png

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)

Rusty as nails...

State
    of Confusion
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

IMG_3006a.jpg

Was hoping to do better, but figured I'd at least submit something...still got lots of time though, my best is about 372K, but that was 7 years ago

Oh, and here's some memorabilia and stuff for inspiration while I'm playing...Mountain Dew, a Kong Off 4 marquee and an Allen Staal Kong Off 3 poster

IMG_3007a.jpg145500

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)
    Just received one of these in the mail today - http://www.brasington.org/arcade/products/hs/dk/

No more lost high scores! I can put away those quarters as well... Really cool solution that doesn't require any ROM flashing. Got to love that.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2292 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelly View Post
    Just received one of these in the mail today - http://www.brasington.org/arcade/products/hs/dk/

No more lost high scores! I can put away those quarters as well... Really cool solution that doesn't require any ROM flashing. Got to love that.
    Don't submit a score to TG with that plugged in, the DK boys will have a cow Well AFAIK they still aren't allowed.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
    Don't submit a score to TG with that plugged in, the DK boys will have a cow Well AFAIK they still aren't allowed.
    I aint going to be cracking a million points any time soon, so I don't think that will be happening. But it just plugs in and out so if I ever did it would be easy to do swap out. Plus the effort to submit a score just sounds too hard IMHO, so not overly interested anyway. Maybe just that Turtles score
    Last edited by Pelly; 21st September 2015 at 05:03 PM.

State
    of Confusion
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Just an FYI, you probably don't want to be plugging and unplugging that daughterboard. I've heard the pins are thicker on the daughterboard and will probably spread the socket enough that the original Z80 might not make good contact every time. I haven't experienced this myself though, but I plugged mine (which is the D2K kit with both DK and D2K) in back in 2009 (I think that's when I got it) and it's been in ever since I know it was a pain getting it plugged in. Someone did recently submit a Mappy score with a high score save kit at TG and it was approved:
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...90-mike-kasper

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKongFan View Post
    Just an FYI, you probably don't want to be plugging and unplugging that daughterboard. I've heard the pins are thicker on the daughterboard and will probably spread the socket enough that the original Z80 might not make good contact every time. I haven't experienced this myself though, but I plugged mine (which is the D2K kit with both DK and D2K) in back in 2009 (I think that's when I got it) and it's been in ever since I know it was a pain getting it plugged in. Someone did recently submit a Mappy score with a high score save kit at TG and it was approved:
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...90-mike-kasper
    Yeah, well I don't plan to for some time... Scott (who makes them) said that mine is a slightly newer model too which works in the DK Jnr board as well, so that's handy as well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information