Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

[FINISHED] MGL 26 - Game 3 - Nibbler

A classic fast maze game - this is the first game to support a billion point score.

Rock-ola offered a free Nibbler machine to the first player to turn the game over by scoring a billion points, at MGL we offer fame and adoration for the highest scorers.

Gameplay is simple and addictive, you have to clear each maze before the time runs out and not bite your own tail.

Details:

Rom:

nibbler

Dips:

Lives: 3

Pause at corners: On

Score submissions into this thread, first line listing your score and include the screenshot. Submit as many scores as you want. Scores will close at 19:00 hrs, Sydney time, Sunday 20 September 2015.

Lets follow the convention of previous MGLs and not publish any tips until the second week of gaming.

Still no clues about if this is a popular or random game selection and how many or who nominated it.

Edited by Fire_Power

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of it.

Someone on here must like it. Better go and fire it up and take a look.

...edit

ok, had a look now.

Rock-Olas offer of a free machine for a billion points would have been pretty safe.

No-one would be crazy enough to play this long enough to get a billion - and if you did I doubt you would want a free machine to play it again anyway.:p

I think I used to play this way back on my old brick Nokia phone!

Edited by bigredbird
had a look

0000.png.3ad35a78cc7929c0845f3f81c6bb434b.png

Only played this about 2 or 3 times. I think I tried a few years ago when someone was trying for a record, had a go and thought Hmmmf. Game gets bloody hard bloody quick.

I think it's pretty much patternable and once you reach the hardest setting it is just rinse and repeat. Way easier said than done though.

- - - Updated - - -

WARNING: Foul language!!!

http://manvssnake.com/

Bugger, I thought that was the full movie. Anywhere you can watch it (legally) online? And is it worth paying for?

Which version are we playing? The version changed at some point. Rom NIBBLER.ZIP used to be revision 6, but now it's revision 9. The old NIBBLER.ZIP used to have background music, which was actually from a Pioneer Balloon PCB (which it was converted from), but when they switched that to it's own romset (NIBBLERP), they made revision 9 NIBBLER.ZIP. Not sure which MAME version that changed in, and it may not make a difference unless someone is good enough. I think the main difference is after wave 32, on revision 9, if you die, the dots reset...on revision 6 they don't. You can tell which revision you're playing by waiting for the Nibbler title screen to come up in attract mode, then hold the joystick down. Next to that blue JHU icon in the bottom left corner, the revision number will show.

ok thanks. I'll probably still use rev 6 anyway (which is what the one with music used), even though I've never gotten to wave 32...been close on a real machine a couple times, 28 or 29. I actually have 2 Nibbler PCB's, but both are dead :( I've got a working Pioneer Balloon PCB though, and although the music is annoying on Nibbler, it's not too bad on Pioneer Balloon. It keeps changing with each scene, and seems to go well with it.

http://i.imgur.com/CIBFOOP.jpg

can't see myself getting much more than this. its gets fast quick

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

edit: @Mameshane use IMG tags to display the screenshot in line

Edited by Fire_Power
added [IMG]...[/IMG] tags for picture display

I had never played (or even heard) of this game before. Not sure how I had missed it but I love this game. Stage 11 is hectic and I don't think I can get my joystick to move fast enough to get through that stage.

I *think* I've worked out how to do stages like that one (haven't actually done it yet)

Guess Ill have to wait to week 2 to share though

:)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82543[/ATTACH]

For those of you who don't like the music, there's some incentive...it quits playing it at wave 14 :D

i dont have the extra file for the music. so its not bothering me :)

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk