Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

[FINISHED] MGL 26 - Game 3 - Nibbler

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some tips:

-You don't have to turn EVERY corner using the joystick. Nibbler turns a corner itself, use this to your advantage.

-If Nibbler is faced with an intersection (ie it can go left/right or up/down, it will stop and make an annoying sound. This is useful to plan your next move. Especially useful on wave 10.

Learn where these intersections are and use them to plan your next move. Don't hang around too long though as time will start to run out really fast (if you don't get a dot in a while, the timer goes REALLY fast)

This game is not as hard as you first think, because you don't need to make every single move with the joystick/keyboard/whatever. Make Nibbler do some of the work for you

:)

IMG_2756a.jpg.3ad937233fec7b51df55d14860b1677f.jpg

You guys are probably gonna hate me for this one :p :D Was at an arcade last night that has a Nibbler, so I was able to play on real hardware. Rev 9, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't make a difference until wave 32 (this one was wave 27) I think that might be my personal best, but I'm not sure...if not, it's really close.

First game of this ever.

I see what you guys mean about getting it to go the direction you want....

Kinda reminds me of a game I played alot as a kid on speccy 48k, there were 2 lines, the player controlled 1 & the computer the other & you had to not clash, don't remember the name of it?

Was it this one?

I played this on the Atari 2600.

Good times!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83019[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83018[/ATTACH]

That could of been it, I did have a 2600 before the speccy & it does look a little like nibbler.

I did play that one, think I also played another version (spectrum 48k) & the line was more like a vector.