Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 25 - Game 4 ~ Tapper ~ [FINISHED]

Excuse me, but how about some service? ?

MGL 25 ? Game 4 ~ Tapper

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/TapperMGL25Settings_zps0qutpaxv.png

Nominated by AA legends: No legends were asked, it?s the OOO selection. Drinking mayhem ? :cheers:

Current AA Champ of Tapper: Never played before.

ROM: tapper.zip

Game Story:

You are a bartender serving Budweiser beer to patrons. You must serve everyone a beer before they work their way up to the kegs. You must also grab empty mugs before they slide off the end of the bar. Extra points for collecting tips. Bonus rounds involve locating the one beer that has not been shaken, and serving it.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

This game finishes Sunday 28 June 2015, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game as a single player. No pause or save states are allowed when submitting a score. No inps are required, just honest player scores with initials in the screenshot. You can only submit scores by playing the game during the tournament.

You can watch gaming streams, inps, YouTube videos, others play in the arcade and read guides to improve your game. Learn as fast as you want, you choose! No rules restrict or stop you learning as fast as you want and sharing tips. Save states cannot be used.

GAME 4 ? You are good at drinking it, so how about serving it ? :tequila:

And by the way, this is what happens when the heroes have just a bit too much ? they all end up at Tapper?s place ? :lol

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/TapperBaMGL25_zpsz60ajeyu.jpg

Enjoy!

:)

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Tapper5Final_zpst8fkr7tj.png

Congratulations to CrazyKongFan for winning Game 4 ?

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/TapperMGL25Winner_zpsijl3e8sc.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Played this a few times, I like the concept but it get's bloody hard bloody quick if memory serves. Can't believe some of the high scores I've seen on TG & MARP for this one.

I wonder if Derek is any good at this one? Judging by his posts over the years and his emoticon, he should be right up there.

Well @Foot, how are you going to go at this one? See if you can play the virtual world like the real world ... :)

this was a game you used to get on compilation cartridges on Megadrive and Snes. Somehow it was a big game somewhere.

Not in Australia though that I saw in Arcades. Wasn't people queing up to play Tapper :rolleyes

Great game, but hard to know how it was sanctioned as "OK" with a booze theme. When you think pinball was considered gambling I would have thought this would cause problems in some USAnian states. I believe some versions were released as a root beer brand.

Great game, but hard to know how it was sanctioned as "OK" with a booze theme. When you think pinball was considered gambling I would have thought this would cause problems in some USAnian states. I believe some versions were released as a root beer brand.

There's 2 versions. The other is called Root beer Tapper for the kiddie venues.

Ooops, should have read your whole post. But yes, we are on the same page :) I don't mind Root Beer, it's an acquired taste like Dr Pepper.

I'm having a bit of tapper trouble here. What mame version are you running this with? I'm unable to run it with 106, 153 or 160. It doesn't appear to have dips to modify, so as an alternative I'll try RU I think.

Off tapper topic: if anyone missed it, there is a great Crossy Road submission on TG by John73!

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/143944-Android-Crossy-Road-Points-368-John-McNeill

• Super Moderator
I wonder if Derek is any good at this one? Judging by his posts over the years and his emoticon, he should be right up there.

Well @Foot, how are you going to go at this one? See if you can play the virtual world like the real world ... :)

Cool game, I may have even nominated it a few times over the years but it never got up.

I only play this while drinking beer which explains my sucky scores which only seem to get worse as the night wears on, but hey I'm enjoying myself right? :40s:

tapp0000.png.63f5bac89c18a1643a55a1c104345373.png

it is better played whilst drinking.

I think OOO has taken these games from a list called: Classic but awfully overrated :lol

Brad

This has been the best MGL selection for ages - I'm all for overrated classics :)

There's 2 versions. The other is called Root beer Tapper for the kiddie venues.

Ooops, should have read your whole post. But yes, we are on the same page :) I don't mind Root Beer, it's an acquired taste like Dr Pepper.

How about some score submissions - MGL could be another area you can stir in :D

How about some score submissions - MGL could be another area you can stir in :D

Oh I suck at this game, but my missus rocks it.

Don't have a mame setup. Just a 48in 1 and some Neo Geo shiz.

I think it was mostly meant for bars and other adult places, not a typical arcade with kids ;) Root Beer Tapper was released afterwards, for non-adult locations (the Root Beer tapper flyer even says this)

I'm having a bit of tapper trouble here. What mame version are you running this with? I'm unable to run it with 106, 153 or 160. It doesn't appear to have dips to modify, so as an alternative I'll try RU I think.

Tapper doesn't have hard dipswitches for difficulty, lives, etc...it's got software ones you go into service mode to change. Most of the MCR hardware games (Tron, Tapper, Timber, Journey, Solar Fox, Kickman, etc) do this. The dipswitch settings mostly affect actual hardware, like number of coin slots, cocktail/upright, etc.

Off tapper topic: if anyone missed it, there is a great Crossy Road submission on TG by John73!

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/143944-Android-Crossy-Road-Points-368-John-McNeill

:lol It's not that great, but thanks for pointing it out :)

Seems like I'm getting myself into an argument again with Andrew over the merits of playing a touch screen game on a device that it was intended for, why do I comment on these things, it's going to end in tears :D

Anyway, I'm going to plug away with Crossy Road - I want to see for myself what happens at 2000 points.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79269[/ATTACH]

I used RU for this one... @john: I tried Crossy Road and was mowed over countless times by trains. I don't call the exact scores but I think it was around the 100-150 mark tops. The game kept drawing me in only to deliver the same result. I took the rage quit, delete this off my phone approach. I'd love to see you hit 2K. Keep pushing!

• Administrators
This game sucks. Nothing more needs to be said. Submitting for the sake of submitting a score.

In this MGL OOO has, through no fault of his own and I mean that but in this MGL he has managed a perfect storm of games I either loathe or do not enjoy. For me it's kind of like mussels which I consider the liver of the ocean. I've tried them and hate them, yet being a cooking show and actual cooking junkie I find everyone talks about how great they are, broth and all that shit. I keep going back to try them and after at least 8 attempts I remain firmly convinced that people have no taste buds ;)

1st - Exed Exes - hmm these mussels are not all everyone talks them up to be

2nd - Loadrunner - Okay this is kind of like the crusty bread they serve with the mussels in broth. Tasty but doesn't convince me on the dish

3rd - Mappy - Dear lord the mussel taste is starting to overpower any redeeming features of this dish

4th - Congo Bongo - **** these mussels are starting to taste like kidney. The only thing I hate more than mussels

5th - Tapper - WTF is this some kind of cosmic joke! Brad hates mussels and kidney make him gag from a mile away. Lets see if we create a dish that combines both.

I'm actually scared for what might come next! :lol

Brad

Edited by Brad

In this MGL OOO has, through no fault of his own and I mean that but in this MGL he has managed a perfect storm of games I either loathe or do not enjoy. For me it's kind of like mussels which I consider the liver of the ocean. I've tried them and hate them, yet being a cooking show and actual cooking junkie I find everyone talks about how great they are, broth and all that shit. I keep going back to try them and after at least 8 attempts I remain firmly convinced that people have no taste buds ;)

1st - Exed Exes - hmm these mussels are not all everyone talks them up to be

2nd - Loadrunner - Okay this is kind of like the crusty bread they serve with the mussels in broth. Tasty but doesn't convince me on the dish

3rd - Mappy - Dear lord the mussel taste is starting to overpower any redeeming features of this dish

4th - Congo Bongo - **** these mussels are starting to taste like kidney. The only thing I hate more than mussels

5th - Tapper - WTF is this some kind of cosmic joke! Brad hates mussels and kidney make him gag from a mile away. Lets see if we create a dish that combines both.

I'm actually scared for what might come next! :lol

Brad

Well I guess then no one wants to come over to my place for dinner? :lol

Oh well, love em or hate em, that's what they are ... :) ... dig in and don't leave anything left over on the plate ...

Some like mussels, some don't.

And while we're on the food thing ... since 5 dishes so far, they were:

1. Grasshopper

2. Golden cheese sticks

3. Cat souffle

4. Beer cakes

5. Monkey brain with coconut (reminds me of one of the Indiana Jones movies)

Dish number 6:

A surprise menu dish ... not saying ... till this coming Friday ... :p

"Dinner's on!" ... :donuts: