Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

mamewah favorites list gone?

I use MameWah as my Mame front end. I had a bunch of kids for a sleepover and they must have pressed some kind of button combo that completely wiped my favorites list.

Any idea what that combo is and if there is any way to restore outside of starting over?

• Administrators

I don't know what the combo is but the lists are stored in the Mamewah directory. Have a look in there and see it it still exists. Since it sounds like it is no longer selectable from your games list I'm concerned it will be gone using the delete option.

If you eventually create a new one I would recommend using the lock feature in Mamewah so that it can't be changed by mistake in the future.

Cheers,

Brad

I keep a button inside my cab which turns the Mamewah lock feature on and off. You only need to use the lock feature when people are coming over to play your cab - or your kids are playing. Easy to turn the menu back on when you are using the machine yourself and want to edit the lists etc...

If you only have a couple of main lists you use you can always duplicate the mame emulator and have it only sit on that particular lists. ie. I have a Mame list but also a separate "Neo Geo" list for those titles. This way neo geo games show up on another page when scrolling through systems.

• Administrators
I keep a button inside my cab which turns the Mamewah lock feature on and off. You only need to use the lock feature when people are coming over to play your cab - or your kids are playing. Easy to turn the menu back on when you are using the machine yourself and want to edit the lists etc...

If you only have a couple of main lists you use you can always duplicate the mame emulator and have it only sit on that particular lists. ie. I have a Mame list but also a separate "Neo Geo" list for those titles. This way neo geo games show up on another page when scrolling through systems.

As Stuzza has already said.

Also as insurance, I'd back the lists up once created, just in case.

Cheers,

Brad