Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

[FINISHED] MGL 26 - Game 1 - Galaxian

Game 1 in MGL 26 is <envelope unsealed, drum roll> Galaxian

You cannot start an Arcade Gaming competition with a more classic game than this.

Surely there is not a person on this forum who has not played this game - please, for the amazement of your mates, out yourself if there is such a person.

Released in 1979, a legendary single-screen shoot-em-up that took everything that made Taito's ground-breaking "Space Invaders" so good, and improved upon it on every level. Each screen starts with a wave of multi-coloured aliens moving left and right at the top of the screen; the aliens quickly break ranks and start dive-bombomg the player - either in single units or in groups of three - dropping multiple missiles as they descend. All of the aliens need to be destroyed before the player can progress to the next wave.

This was the first video game released with 100 percent of its graphics displayed in true R.G.B. color.

Details:

Rom:

galaxian

Dips:

Bonus Life = 7000

Lives = 3

Controls:

Left / Right joystick and one fire button.

Score submissions into this thread, first line listing your score and include the screenshot. Submit as many scores as you want. Scores will close at 19:00 hrs, Sydney time, Sunday 6 September 2015.

Lets follow the convention of previous MGLs and not publish any tips until the second week of gaming.

I'll keep the cat in the bag about who nominated until after the final game of MGL26 so that people don't get carried away guessing what's upcoming and who's been ruled out of the next game selection. (Anyone claiming this as their idea, subliminally planted in my brain? :lol) All will be revealed at the comp end.

Good shooting defenders of the earth.

Edited by Fire_Power

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No it wasn't me......but I do hope to retain my crown on this one and smash my MGL high.....aiming for 100k and hoping none of the big boys rub my head in the dirt :D

Love this game, it really is a classic, I even have a small galaxian tattoo on my left arm that I got about 6 or 7 years ago :)

- - - Updated - - -

Game 1 in MGL 26 is <envelope unsealed, drum roll> Galaxian

Lets follow the convention of previous MGLs and not publish any tips until the second week of gaming.

LOL....yeah OK....will be interesting to see if anyone actually has any tips for this one in the second week.

Normally we get to see who nominated the game during this type of selection process - or is it different this time? EDIT: Just read the first post again, and we have to guess for now :(

Come on, fess up whoever nominated this piece of crap so that we can flame you - I'm looking at you @Barra :lol EDIT: After re-reading the first post, I'm still blaming this on Barra :)

I've had my one game and submission - I'll go to sleep shortly knowing I'm currently winning MGL 26 *HORRAY* Anyway, can't bring myself to play this game a 2nd time in a 24 hour period, so short of pulling out my finger nails with a pair of multi-grips I think I might relax with a nice game of Crush Roller :o

I don't think you can call yourself a classic retro arcade gamer anymore John73. You should go and calm yourself with a nice game of candy crush on your tablet casual gamer dude :)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I don't think you can call yourself a classic retro arcade gamer anymore John73. You should go and calm yourself with a nice game of candy crush on your tablet casual gamer dude :)

Agreed :D

I may or may not have nominated this

;)

Guys, I'm the knob that has never played this. So, thanks for nominating, I'm actually really enjoying it. Was absolutely horrible at first (couldn't break 1k for the life of me) but slowly getting the hang of it.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/21/c8892d0f28ea09af190b0fbcc44d12b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MGL 26 - Game 1 - Galaxian

Seems to be mamed already by the looks of the two buttons?

Nice looking cab, will be interesting to see what you can do with it :)

Hehe thanks guys. Yeh it's running a 412-1 vertical board, not sure what flavor of mame it is but I guess technically it is mamed lol

I'm pretty hopeless at this game actually, will have to get some practice in me thinks [emoji4]