State
    Sydhey
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Quoted
    902 Post(s)

[FINISHED] MGL 26 - Game 1 - Galaxian

Game 1 in MGL 26 is <envelope unsealed, drum roll> Galaxian

You cannot start an Arcade Gaming competition with a more classic game than this.

Surely there is not a person on this forum who has not played this game - please, for the amazement of your mates, out yourself if there is such a person.

Released in 1979, a legendary single-screen shoot-em-up that took everything that made Taito's ground-breaking "Space Invaders" so good, and improved upon it on every level. Each screen starts with a wave of multi-coloured aliens moving left and right at the top of the screen; the aliens quickly break ranks and start dive-bombomg the player - either in single units or in groups of three - dropping multiple missiles as they descend. All of the aliens need to be destroyed before the player can progress to the next wave.

This was the first video game released with 100 percent of its graphics displayed in true R.G.B. color.

Details:

Rom:
    galaxian

Dips:
    Bonus Life = 7000
    Lives = 3

Controls:
    Left / Right joystick and one fire button.

Score submissions into this thread, first line listing your score and include the screenshot. Submit as many scores as you want. Scores will close at 19:00 hrs, Sydney time, Sunday 6 September 2015.

Lets follow the convention of previous MGLs and not publish any tips until the second week of gaming.

I'll keep the cat in the bag about who nominated until after the final game of MGL26 so that people don't get carried away guessing what's upcoming and who's been ruled out of the next game selection. (Anyone claiming this as their idea, subliminally planted in my brain? ) All will be revealed at the comp end.

Good shooting defenders of the earth.
    Last edited by Fire_Power; 20th September 2015 at 07:18 PM.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1272 Post(s)
    No it wasn't me......but I do hope to retain my crown on this one and smash my MGL high.....aiming for 100k and hoping none of the big boys rub my head in the dirt

Love this game, it really is a classic, I even have a small galaxian tattoo on my left arm that I got about 6 or 7 years ago

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Power View Post
    Game 1 in MGL 26 is <envelope unsealed, drum roll> Galaxian

Lets follow the convention of previous MGLs and not publish any tips until the second week of gaming.
    LOL....yeah OK....will be interesting to see if anyone actually has any tips for this one in the second week.
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1059 Post(s)
    Awesome. Cant wait to get stuck into this one

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2292 Post(s)
    When is game 2 starting already?

- - - Updated - - -

0004.png

Beat that bitches

State
    Sa
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    426 Post(s)
    Mmmmmm

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2292 Post(s)
    Normally we get to see who nominated the game during this type of selection process - or is it different this time? EDIT: Just read the first post again, and we have to guess for now

Come on, fess up whoever nominated this piece of crap so that we can flame you - I'm looking at you @Barra EDIT: After re-reading the first post, I'm still blaming this on Barra

I've had my one game and submission - I'll go to sleep shortly knowing I'm currently winning MGL 26 *HORRAY* Anyway, can't bring myself to play this game a 2nd time in a 24 hour period, so short of pulling out my finger nails with a pair of multi-grips I think I might relax with a nice game of Crush Roller

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1272 Post(s)
    I don't think you can call yourself a classic retro arcade gamer anymore John73. You should go and calm yourself with a nice game of candy crush on your tablet casual gamer dude

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)
    http://i.imgur.com/dIAhJ22.jpg

pc parts arrived early

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1059 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    I don't think you can call yourself a classic retro arcade gamer anymore John73. You should go and calm yourself with a nice game of candy crush on your tablet casual gamer dude

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Agreed

I may or may not have nominated this

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Was nearly going to fire this up last week, hopefully get a few games in this afternoon. Excited now!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information