Thread: MGL 26 - Call for nominations

State
    Sydhey
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quoted
    914 Post(s)

Exclamation MGL 26 - Call for nominations

It's on again, MGL 26 is about to start up so adjust your buttons and warm up your joysticks.

OOO has taken a well earned break from MGL admin duties and I've volunteered to run a couple. They're big shoes to fill, but I'll do my best. Hopefully OOO will play all games now and give out a few lessons.

I'll keep what I reckon are the best parts of how it runs and maybe make a few adjustments along the way. All feedback is encouraged and suggestions welcome.

For MGL 26 what we'll do is;
    • - 8 games as usual
    • - Games start Fri night and conclude sunday night 7pm Sydney time three weekends later
    • - 1 week overlap in games, so new game every fri and so two or three games on the run to give us a choice
    • - percentage scoring system

Nominations - let's go back to player noms for a bit of a change
    • - hidden noms by pm to me. Note my handle is Fire_Power with the underscore
    • - hidden nominations for some surprise, so don't go announcing on here what you've picked, but feel free to say you're in
    • - nominate four different games
    • - single nomination per game, so you can't place three votes for "Super Craptastic V2.7"
    • - no restriction on plays in prior MGL, but normal MGL rules - single joystick, max 3 buttons, no spinner etc
    • - at completion of comp I'll list all the game nominations

Selection process
    • - a mixture of popular and random
    • - Four will be selected by popularity, any ties will picked by random from the tied group
    • - once the popularity selections are sorted I'll discard the remaining nominations of anyone who has had a game selected then
    • - Four will be selected by random from the remaining nominations
    • - we'll alternate between playing popular, then random

Dates;
    Nominations to me by midnight thursday 20 August
    First game will be released Friday 21 August and finish 7pm Sunday 6 Sep

Here's a link to MGL rules for anyone needing clarification, or just ask
    http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...ULES-FAQ-s-etc

It's a fun comp, so let's play it that way.

Callout to members @bondy @AdamC @rusty_dagger @Mameshane @bworldmv @wingtipvortex @Player Won @Jammasized @mark68 @C4mony @azathoth @DonPedro @Pelly @Rat @John73 @wolfman24 @Brad @camaro @Mar @Woody @Foot @Nicko71 @Batfink @JustAnotherRat @D.B.Cooper @SectionZ @DKong @kane @bigredbird @CrazyKongFan @magrinder @Barra @Spartan @RMacauley @OOO plus anyonelse who'd like to join in.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Thanks Fire_power, I'm very happy with that selection process

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    Thanks for taking this on @Fire_Power

One question, are all games available for nomination or are game the the last however many MGL's not able to be nominated?

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Cool, I'm back in Aus and ready to play!

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
    Thanks for taking this on @Fire_Power

One question, are all games available for nomination or are game the the last however many MGL's not able to be nominated?
    I took what he said as meaning anything was available to be nominated. But good question.

I've nominated my four games, none of which have been played for a little while in MGL. Not sure how much time I'll get to play, not overly worried if none of my games come up - even with all the horrible games that come up, occasionally a gem is produced that I've never heard of and that is probably better than getting one of my games played that almost everyone would have played

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    My nominations are in. I doubt any of them will get up in the popular section as I don't think any of them are popular

State
    Sydhey
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quoted
    914 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
    For this round there's no restriction on nominating what has come up in previous rounds. I didn't think any of the last few were likely to have hit anyone's all time fav list - but ya never know.

Noms are coming, thanks for that - I'm seeing a mixture of classics and some, for me, never heard off potential gems.
    I'm hoping the selection process will give everyone a fair chance of getting either a game they like or one of their own and still provide exposure to new ones.

For the next round we'll have a quite different selection method <secret for now >

Please get you noms in by this Thursday evening and game play will start on Friday,

State
    6108, Western Australia
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Got my four in. Thanks for hosting.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)
    Noms in, will see if I get a chance to play any.. My MAME cab is no more (converted back to proper JAMMA) so only nomed games I have access to PCB's or don't mind playing on my JXD

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    @Fire_Power can you come up with an official name for this selection process so that in future I can say how about we run with X again for the upcoming MGL and then I can link to a sticky explaining it. That would be heaps better than subjecting everyone to me waffling on about it again and again

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information