Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Shed Games Room advice

I am i finally getting ready to organise a shed/games room.

I am in country nsw so hot summer days and cold winter nights are the norm

I am looking any advice regarding insulation, sheeting walls etc. Heating cooling.

I have a mate thats an electrician. So that parts under control.

Not sure about bothering with plumbing .

Will probably have a watertank to capture storm water.

I will be approaching my local council about my proposal .

Then i will be getting some quotes.

Looking at partitioning the shed into 3. So a section for Garden/ride on mower, workshop and Games room.

I have done some mock up plans. But price will be the determining factor.

Intially hoping for approx 16.8m x 10.8m

In total size with 8.4x10.8 for gameroom.

I maybe dreaming but i will see were i end up.

Edited by riverinapinball

I'm looking to build a shed soon myself, just have to move into the new house first. Looking like I might have to do the slab myself with a couple of mates to cut costs. Then buy the shed in kit form and put it together. I was looking at possibly getting a shed from Best Sheds located in Picton NSW.

It all depends on how much you have to spend on it mate. Been meaning to get back down your way again for some time now. Happy to lend a hand with it all if you need some help doing it the DIY way.

I'm looking to build a shed soon myself, just have to move into the new house first. Looking like I might have to do the slab myself with a couple of mates to cut costs. Then buy the shed in kit form and put it together. I was looking at possibly getting a shed from Best Sheds located in Picton NSW.

It all depends on how much you have to spend on it mate. Been meaning to get back down your way again for some time now. Happy to lend a hand with it all if you need some help doing it the DIY way.

I not much of a DIY when it comes to building. I will get someone to do the concreting and build. Then i will do the wiring with my sparky mate to finish it off. May sheet with mdf or sometype of wood panels, insulation and maybe carpet..

I will have a small meet once its done ,to christen it. I will give you others a call when its ready to go.

get the biggest shed you can afford. cause you will fill it .

lining the shed is something you can do yourself when you can afford it.

drawup a general floor plan of how you think it will look. allow some dimensions. this will give you some idea of size required.also gives you an idea of where power is required.

your lucky to have some land to move with.when siting the shed in your yard think about future expansion. you might want to add on later.this was my mistake.

• 3 weeks later...

I met with council for preliminarily meeting before submitting a DA for the new shed.

Should be straight forward no problems so far.

Surveyor coming this week or next. Check property boundary and do a site plan. As the shed will be near the northern boundary.

Once surveying completed will seek quotes for shed, plumbing water, sewerage, and electrical.

• 3 months later...

I used exactly the same product and the first summer when I hadn't installed it yet you couldn't go anywhere near the shed the next summer when I had finished installing it the inside of the shed was really comfortable even on a stinking hot day, I also installed a split system aircon and now in summer it is beautiful in the shed.

Insulation wise. I used this. Currently 4pm and 38 degrees outside. Shed with tin roof and walls is comfortable 24 degrees.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86638[/ATTACH]

So did you add them later or during construction.

After construction. But before the interior walls. Just make sure a gap between sheets of iron, foilboard and interior walls. Approx 20 mm either side of foilboard.

Available in different thicknesses, depending on your requirements. Pretty sure I went 25mm for roof and 15mm for walls. Green/silver tape and the holders are a bit of a waste. You can use any sort of tape if you butt the sheets up together and as for holding screws/sheets/wall any self tapping tec screw will do the job as opposed to using their blanking plates ......just don't go too far through.

http://www.foilboard.com.au/ and input your postcode for nearest stockist

Edited by camaro

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Slab finally done, it has been the wettest winter and spring . After delay delay and more delays...http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161009/c72512497461eba8a4ace2940e637603.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161009/950fa4ccd7216177bdf976291dedeab4.jpg

Also i forgot to mention a bloody idiot drove through the fence

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161009/dc7650b8ec81ba1e0cf41474d5e26998.jpg

Ouch, that section of railway line would have pulled him up quick not to mentioned some front end damage. Did you get their details to pay for the fence?

Nice looking slab, already for a nice big shed to go up. I know how you feel about waiting for the weather, I went through the same thing last year. It probably pays to plan for a shed in the winter, so that by the time you get all the details sorted and planning approved where necessary, the weather is good and it's time to build. Seems we all go about it the other way then have to wait on the weather to improve and the ground to dry out.

• 1 month later...