Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

PINFEST 2015 Caves Beachside Hotel

Just drove back into Brisbane Monday night from my 1st Pinfest. had a great time there, What a great place to have Pinfest ( Caves beach Resort )and the Newcastle Pinball Association really put on a good show. I could not have meet a nicer bunch of guys and extremely well organized. I even took a machine down, STNG and was very happy to be part of the weekend.

I played it this morning and the left one worked perfectly for me but the right one didn't respond and ended up shooting the ball nowhere near where I wanted. My son played it yesterday told me that the launcher didn't work for him.

Hopefully it is fully working now. Everything else about the table was great.

Unaware of fault at Pinfest , Tested fine on Friday and Saturday nights and had a quick check this morning and all working Ok,

I will look at wiring for a loose or maybe part broken wire giving intermittent fault on cannon launcher :unsure, But will follow up

It was played a total of 384 games over the 2 days and it also appears on a quick check before going to work that 2 people got there names up.

MAX 783,558,980

CBS 731,880,770

Well done ;)

Not to bad for a 3 ball game.

A big Thank you to NPA and also to everyone who came and played or visted to make Pinfest such a great Event.

I even got a photo of a very special person there who some of you might know?

He appears to shine when the camera comes out .

20150920_150432.thumb.jpg.c19cddf897d020ba78a71d6d3020bab2.jpg

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just drove back into Brisbane Monday night from my 1st Pinfest. had a great time there, What a great place to have Pinfest ( Caves beach Resort )and the Newcastle Pinball Association really put on a good show. I could not have meet a nicer bunch of guys and extremely well organized. I even took a machine down, STNG and was very happy to be part of the weekend.

Unaware of fault at Pinfest , Tested fine on Friday and Saturday nights and had a quick check this morning and all working Ok,

I will look at wiring for a loose or maybe part broken wire giving intermittent fault on cannon launcher :unsure, But will follow up

It was played a total of 384 games over the 2 days and it also appears on a quick check before going to work that 2 people got there names up.

MAX 783,558,980

CBS 731,880,770

Well done ;)

A big Thank you to NPA and also to everyone who came and played or visted to make Pinfest such a great Event.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83236[/ATTACH]

CBS is me... I only had one game of it and it was great. I have played it on Visual Pinball before but never the real thing. I played great other than the fault I experienced with the cannon launcher however I only got to use that launcher once in my game so it is possible that the fault was just a one off. I spoke to my son about it last night and he said the problem he had was different and was with the initial launch of the ball but I never experienced a fault of that at all.

Thanks for bringing the table along and letting us slap away.

I think you'll find MAX is @Brett2280 (but I could be wrong)

MAX 783,558,980

CBS 731,880,770

Well done ;)

Did my score not make it through the weekend? I posted 717 to make high score 4 on the Sunday arvo [emoji46]

So nobody bought it from you yet? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

While Toads and I were waiting for our ride to the airport yesterday at noon I took a wander into the room........ Wow pretty much empty .... or so I thought at first ...

Look what I found ......

Damn - I was busted :)

I was filling in time till the truck got back - Honest Guvnor :P

Did my score not make it through the weekend? I posted 717 to make high score 4 on the Sunday arvo [emoji46]

So nobody bought it from you yet? [emoji6]

Sorry for bad news... you got knocked off by CBS..

Yes its still up for sale, but now its back in brisbane. Might put it up on forum when I get around to it.

Sorry for bad news... you got knocked off by CBS..

Yes its still up for sale, but now its back in brisbane. Might put it up on forum when I get around to it.

Awwwww.

We came up from Melbourne for the weekend, so transport would have been an issue either way. I'll keep an eye out for it tho [emoji6]

Myself and the family got back home last night after a short detour home through Sydney. Was a great effort from the NPA guys putting this on again. Big thanks to all involved in making Pinfest the event it is. Machines all worked great and breakdowns were quickly fixed.

I must say I spent most of my time there catching up with familiar faces. Always great to catch up with the regulars.

If all my cards fall into place might have some machines there next time and spend a few more days there.

Once again a massive thanks to all involved.

Myself and the family got back home last night after a short detour home through Sydney. Was a great effort from the NPA guys putting this on again. Big thanks to all involved in making Pinfest the event it is. Machines all worked great and breakdowns were quickly fixed.

I must say I spent most of my time there catching up with familiar faces. Always great to catch up with the regulars.

If all my cards fall into place might have some machines there next time and spend a few more days there.

Once again a massive thanks to all involved.

We will be waiting with open arms Victor :-)

You know that Firepower was for sale Mikie:D. Happy to deliver to NW Sydney wasn't it?:D

aaahhhhh ..... yes sadly atm I can just dream , there were quite a few very nice sale pins , but at the nearby Entrance I did manage to score this pacman arcade for $3.99!!!

IMG_20150924_073305.thumb.jpg.54a9fca5d0040fc717dfcb1d39a21935.jpg

Yep the good old FT is determined not to miss a Pinfest. I Think its been the only one I've bought every year.

It will be retired to HUO after this one though.

It behaved itself and looked and sounded great... Played much better than some I have played.. I am sure it can handle another Pinfest ;)

It behaved itself and looked and sounded great... Played much better than some I have played.. I am sure it can handle another Pinfest ;)
1st time ever it had a "failure to proceed" which was on Sunday morning during warmup before the doors opened to the public. It snapped a flipper plunger link during play and the orange team was onto it right away. Thanks Chris B. Edited by Railways

MAX 783,558,980

CBS 731,880,770

Well done ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83236[/ATTACH]

The same thing happened to my sttg and it ended up being the wire that runs down from the cannon. My tech replaced it and it has been fine since. The wire just gets hard and breaks inside with age.

Thanks to all the people involved in putting on this years Pinfest.

A special mention to Joe (Vett) and his lovely wife for coming all the way from Brisbane and bringing his star Trek for everyone to play.

Not to forget Sid who did travel from China and included us on his around Australia driving adventure. Thanks mate.

This was our fourth year and will see us pass $20,000 donated to charities.

Not a bad effort from a little pinball show.

Special thanks to everyone who attended especially those from intrastate and interstate and hope you all had fun.

Next year we are going to be better organised to id members. (primarily for evidence purpose of course :D)

This photo shows most of our crew. However there would be at least another 10 who missed the photo.

We have certainly grown and made plenty of new friends over our 4 years.

11999841_753516361443545_3174380036278423392_o.thumb.jpg.a08a41c47963783cd8c826cda0bea9ab.jpg

Photo Courtesy of Leisa Davis Photography. See the Newcastle Pinball Association Facebook page for more of Leisa's excellent photos.

Edited by hamo54

• 5 months later...
Bloody awesome !

I have 450 hrs of AL that I need to dispose off, so this is on my to do list.

- Con

By reckoning of that total, you haven't had ya allocation of leave for THREE YEARS! You must love your work.

It's good there's Pinfest to help ya dispose of leave, see ya at the bar! 😀 Z

• 4 weeks later...

PINFEST '16 1st official planning meeting is about to happen Monday night coming (18/4) @ Pizza n Pinball in Broadmeadow, Newcastle @ 7.30pm.

If you would like to be involved in this yearly prestigious Charity event in any form whether it be a donation of games or lending a hand to set up Friday or teardown Monday please feel free to come along to this meeting or contact @slevbro (Chris and Dom).E.G - anyone that has a medium size Pantec truck with tailgate lift would be fantastic;).

We don't bite and are generally a friendly mob:) and any and all newcomers very welcome so come on along if you want to be involved.:)

A designated PINFEST '16 thread will probably be started after this Mondays meeting when we get a date finalised and a general gauge of whats going to be involved this time around.

Edited by Railways