Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Chase HQ DX

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)

I'm taking another look at the Drive Logic PCB for the motion control and want to read the three PAL16L8's to make sure they're not faulty.

I have no experience here but after a quick Google search I read that the TL-866II Plus programmer can read these as an Atmel 16V8.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/microc...16r4-gal16v8b/

Can anyone confirm this and which device should I cheese i.e 16V8B, 16V8BL 16V8BLQ etc or does it not matter?

Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

State
    Barden Ridge NSW
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1351 Post(s)
    You may be interested in at least one Chase HQ board if not two I have here?. There is also an SCI board here I think...SCI was the upgrade of Chase HQ.

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)

Definitely, all the boards I have here have ram and other issues I need to sort out.
    Shoot me a PM with prices when you get time.
    It's near impossible to find the motor driver PCB's.
    I'll be spending the rest of the evening socketing the ram on the boards I have here so I can swap them out and test them.
    Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information