Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chase HQ DX

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)

Highly likely all you need to do is fit the missing chips (standard bus transceiver and driver logic) and the pull up resistors. Oh and the connector itself.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)
    Yep, I thought the 'M' area was were the 50 pin connector should be. Maybe the other boards I was thinking off were the other Taito titles on the same board format - Top Speed, SCI & Continental Circus...

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)

Before and after of the underside of the base.

A little bit of progress was made on the base today, it's hard to get much done with an hour of daylight.
    It's had a re spray at some stage so there was twice as much paint to remove on the top side.
    I'll take it back to metal, prime and fill and apply 3 full coats of paint.

The piece that the coin mech sits on is missing on the other side, I'll have to get a new one fabricated.

Last edited by Kaizen; 5th October 2018 at 08:01 PM.
    Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

State
    melbourne
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)
    What are you using to remove the old paint before the re spray?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)

http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/Ka...5k7yk.jpg.html

Random orbital sander, 80 grit for the re spray, then 120 and 240 for the original paint.
    I don't like using paint stripper so I'm happy to sand it.
    I ran out of 80 grit (and light) so I'll finish it off tomorrow and get it primed.
    Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)

Job done.
    Prime and fill tomorrow, paint on Saturday.
    Last edited by Kaizen; 16th July 2015 at 11:30 PM.

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)

Look what I just found on YouTube...

State
    Brisvegas
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    For a moment I thought that was your machine in the videos!

It's great to see that someone else has tackled the exact same restoration.

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)

Yeah definitely, ive alredy gotten a few good ideas from the clips and will try to get in contact with him.
    If any of the roms are shot there's a chance he could dump them for me.
    I like the black paint job as well.

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)

I manged to find some spare time late last night so I set about swapping all the ROMs from the original board that was corroded to another Chase HQ DX board that had standard ROMs in it.
    Once cleaned and reassembled I plugged it in and it fired up the video is fine but there's no sound.
    I've double checked the pinout which I believe is correct and tested the speaker at the board so I'll have to do a bit more investigating.

I finished prepping the top of the base today and will get it painted on the weekend.

The tube and chassis have been cleaned and I'll get to testing that as well.
    Last edited by Kaizen; 29th April 2017 at 02:04 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information