Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

39.5"/ 29"/ 15.6" virtual pinball project , this could take awhile

• Administrators

I love what you're doing and how fast you're getting through it particularly given how long it took me to complete mine but that DMD size would do my head in. I would have just routed that cutout to the appropriate size and scaled the output.

In fact and please take this in the context it's meant and that's entirely opinion, I'd do that panel again to appropriate size. Digital pincabs are a labour of love and I reckon you'll look back at that and wonder why you did it that way.

If you're happy though that's all that matters.

Brad

yes

its big , maybe a little too big especially considering my main interest will be 1970's early 80's tables

im yet to run a dmd table on this machine so i will wait til i do to make up my mind

i will blame this picture that i googled before charging out to the shed going "fk yeh"

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag194/billyboy689/dmd%20size_zps9v15pxow.jpg

so it does still fit close to the theme of the cabs original lineage and this is where the decision is tricky as that table would have to be installed

just because it should be , even if i think at the moment even looking at the playfield of frankenstein that i wouldn't really enjoy it , time will tell

in the end its a bit of scrap mdf painted black and held on with 4 screws that i enjoyed making cost nothing and can be replaced at whim

my main goal at the moment is to just get this assembled simple and basic and then get to my biggest hurdle

which will be running virtual pinball thru pinball x or hyperpin which i have not done yet , had no luck whatsoever - well i havnt really tried too hard yet

i need to get this silly thing hooked back up to the internet and re install update everything then start again with a clean hard drive

this is the bit that could take awhile

• 1 month later...
thanks for the powerboard link that looks like a great way to run the cab

here is a link to the tv

http://www.dicksmith.com.au/tvs/dick-smith-39-5-fhd-dled-tv-dsau-ge6987

the price of this thing goes up n down like a yoyo

I bought it 3 weeks ago on special for $268 if I was cashed up I would've bought 2

Hi did you have to decase the screen?

hi Martymoose

the dick smith tv just fits inside this cabinet , like JUST fits without decasing it

all I had to do was remove the little external side button panel which I relocated underneath the tv with some

stickytape lo tech and cheap fix

I havnt posted an update on this project in awhile due to software issues

I had windows 7 decide it wasn't genuine ,

long story involving a reformat ,going to vista-I was desperate

going to 10 , hating it - it asks too many questions and does things behind your back , like a mother in law really

back to 7 and a Microsoft call

sorted and now I know that OEM doesn't like being reinstalled too often , stupid windows - you never actually own it its like renting ffs

still yet to get my head around getting a front end running some of the more complicated tables I need all these files and DLLs arghhhh but

ive done more wiring, added a 256gb ssd + some cooling fans with speed adjusters and am doing a coin thingy

so its getting there and im way under my $1500 budget so all good

I already want to do another one with 42" 32" screens in home built case to suit ,

building seems to be more fun than software

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag194/billyboy689/20150914_171745_zpsh6ymnlzl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for the powerboard link that looks like a great way to run the cab

here is a link to the tv

http://www.dicksmith.com.au/tvs/dick-smith-39-5-fhd-dled-tv-dsau-ge6987

the price of this thing goes up n down like a yoyo

I bought it 3 weeks ago on special for $268 if I was cashed up I would've bought 2

if you buy it on ebay you can get 30% off atm using CDICKSMITH30 redemption code in the checkout and get it for $279.30

damn

im currently using the 2nd 39.5 tv as my desktop moniter ,

bloody awesome when im playing gran prix legends

i really need to start building a driving cabinet

maybe after next weekends Bathurst

currently doing a shed cleanout , hard rubbish next week

i have a 76 cm CRT TV that i was going to use for a mame cocktail cabinet

i don't think that is ever going to happen and this is too good to throw out

i havnt got enough posts to put this in the "for sale" section

so if any mame head spots this , i will gladly swap for beer

it has a scart plug - video/left mono other than that it is basic

also its bloody heavy

Adelaide 5023 area

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag194/billyboy689/20151005_123419_zpsfbjjv80o.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

unscrew the screws on the back of the tv casing, the whole section of buttons/sensor just sits in a groove. You could just push it inside the TV or, what did was I cut the casing to allow all the buttons/sensor to be externally underneath the TV/playfield just in case i ever needed the buttons again (haven't yet)

WP_20160126_001.thumb.jpg.78c03acc9cf4ea29957869ed3082bb58.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
unscrew the screws on the back of the tv casing, the whole section of buttons/sensor just sits in a groove. You could just push it inside the TV or, what did was I cut the casing to allow all the buttons/sensor to be externally underneath the TV/playfield just in case i ever needed the buttons again (haven't yet)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88498[/ATTACH]

Thanks Skids, that turned out to be easier than expected.

2016-02-03_15h28_29.thumb.jpg.0fab5d34afcb701d54d1e05db63388bb.jpg