Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 25 - Game 9 ~ Gradius III ~ [FINISHED]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80816[/ATTACH]

I'm done with this one...I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I always die in that area by the lion looking guys, then I don't have any speed and die twice in a row right after. At least with the world romset, you don't lose the speed power up when you die.

Try selecting weapon type B, collecting just 1 speed up & then missiles & then option, missile is button 3 by default, maybe change it to better suit your setup. (I set mine up 1=shoot, 2=missile 3= powerup) so once I have missiles I just mash buttons 1+2 together.

Try selecting weapon type B, collecting just 1 speed up & then missiles & then option, missile is button 3 by default, maybe change it to better suit your setup. (I set mine up 1=shoot, 2=missile 3= powerup) so once I have missiles I just mash buttons 1+2 together.

Very good advice ... it's the right way to go! ... a hard game that rewards persistence, panic and strategy ... :073:

That's it for me. Bubbles giving me the sh##ts.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80868[/ATTACH]

Excellent score ... you are just 4.5 points behind the leader of MGL 25 ...

RMacauley 492.47, Spartan 487.97.

As it stands now, your target is 80,000 ... the title is on the line ...

2 days to go ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Pacman_Machine_zpsb3b61f58.gif

grad0002.png.db393727306444e34e96eab70a87402d.png

ok, I'm done with this...unless someone comes in last minute with a huge score, that's about 72 points :D

Thanks, that helped alot. I didn't quite do the selection you did though, but it worked for me anyway :cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80893[/ATTACH]

ok, I'm done with this...unless someone comes in last minute with a huge score, that's about 72 points :D

Thanks, that helped alot. I didn't quite do the selection you did though, but it worked for me anyway :cool:

From 5th to 3rd place overall ... :035:

Let's see if it lasts ...

22 hours to go ...

Finally made it past the second boss only to discover the volcanoes ....

Noticed with the below setup that the standard laser doesn't lag as much on the bubbles as the others and whilst 3 options lags worse they clear the bubbles so quick the lag was only very brief.

The ships in the bubbles are a nightmare but sitting right of the screen and doing circles lets the options kill anything on your tail.

grad3-101240.png.505defe089805b0bfe5b5b0c6eb6c7e3.png

grad3.png.59451dc43a4469e2af762887a25e8424.png

Finally made it past the second boss only to discover the volcanoes ....

Noticed with the below setup that the standard laser doesn't lag as much on the bubbles as the others and whilst 3 options lags worse they clear the bubbles so quick the lag was only very brief.

The ships in the bubbles are a nightmare but sitting right of the screen and doing circles lets the options kill anything on your tail.

Nice work, nice score and nice tips ... a new leader and ...

6 hours to go ... http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Pacman_Machine_zpsb3b61f58.gif

Excellent score ... you are just 4.5 points behind the leader of MGL 25 ...

RMacauley 492.47, Spartan 487.97.

As it stands now, your target is 80,000 ... the title is on the line ... http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Pacman_Machine_zpsb3b61f58.gif

With Batfink's great score of 101,240 ... @Spartan your target is now 85,000 ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80914[/ATTACH]

You scored higher with 55,960 in post number 14 ... :)

- - - Updated - - -

It's 7pm on Sunday 26-July-2015.

Score submissions for Game 9 Gradius III are now closed.

The final scoreboard standings are below ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Gradius3_2Final_zpsqjvbbrjk.png

SectionZ and Spartan fly into the bubbles with no fear for 2nd and 3rd place respectively ...

Congratulations to Batfink on winning his first ever MGL game and a tough one at that … :041:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Gradius3MGL25Winner_zpsiccmdkch.png

This game was the last game for MGL 25. The overall scoreboard will be updated shortly.

:)

Well done Batfink. Not only for winning but for being able to put up with this game long enough to get good at it.

Cheers, all the setup options sucked me in, once i worked out which ones where crap it got a lot easier.

One of the most stupidest things with this game is that you should be able to change setup between levels, the best weapon for the third level wont get me through the first...

amongst the other stupid things about this game lol....