Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Seeburg 222 restoration

  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    State
    Geelong
    Posts
    2,369
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    459 Post(s)

    Jukes looking amazing keep up the good work


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    State
    Sydney (Sutherland shire)
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Any airbrush artists out there??
    I need to have the two channel plastis signs painted and I am definitely not an artist
    I had an airbrush artist have a go but he had a lot of trouble obtaining a crisp line between the white and red/green and in the end he gave up.
    The white writing is in an engraved channel.
    I also have a spare plastic that can be used to practice on.
    I'm willing to pay a fair price for the work.
    It's pretty much right in your face on the jukebox so must be a good job.
    The photos show a black background which is behind the plastics.
    First picture is the plastics cleaned ready to go, the rest are of an overseas restoration just for ideas.
    More than happy to answer any questions or take any advice.
    Thanks
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Great work.

    The chrome and polished buttons make it really pop.

    Gordo.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    State
    Sydney (Sutherland shire)
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    I've spent the last few days swapping the 60hz gear and worm drive to a new 50 hz set.
    Absolute bitch of a job but done now, I couldnt find any information on the Internet so will add a few pictures, will hopefully help others.
    The brake cam needs to be removed to allow the gear shaft to move enough to allow the old gear (pins removed)to be removed and new gear and worm drive to be installed.
    When removing the roll pin from the brake cam the shaft needs to be rotated at the end or the roll pin will bottom out on the casing.
    The rest is pretty straight forward.
    Cheers

    - - - Updated - - -
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by faza01; 29th May 2016 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Doubled up

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I remember this job on my Seeburg C. Not an easy task.

    I bend the shaft slightly while removing the roller pins. It took days of gently tapping the shaft to get it straight.

    Well done.

    Gordo

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    State
    Sydney (Sutherland shire)
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Ok it's been a while since the last update, I couldn't find anyone willing to paint the acrylic channel 1 and 2 signs, I had a airbrush artist try but gave up after about 8 hours.
    I bought an airbrush and had a go myself took me a long time but I am pretty happy with the result.
    Now the cabinet can be reassembled pretty quickly.
    A few quick shots.


    Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    State
    Sydney (Sutherland shire)
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Thought i would spend a bit of time and update/ finish this restoration thread, machine is now finished and working great, record speed is a little slow i think due to the 50hz gear i bought from the USA.
    if anyone has a Aussie original gear please let me know.
    Arduino remote control is working fantastic it controls the volume up and down record reject and the fourth button on the fob i used to switch the amp to ipad/spotify input.
    ill add a few photos of the restoration up to completion.
    Mech was torn down and cleaned,clutch serviced lubricated and all limits set.
    Carriage rollers were replaced as they had flat spots and were dragging not turning, mech cover was patched and repainted really happy with the colour match.
    New needles installed, records and printed title strips installed and it was finished.
    it was a long project and i was told on several occasions the 222 amp and reciever is one of the worst to recap, i have to agree.
    its a credit to the vendors in the USA that a lot of spares both new and old are still readily available for these old machines.
    hope you enjoy the finished pictures.
    cheers
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •