Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Thunderbirds

Interesting that the new film doesn't have puppets on strings rather digital characters??? Mehh I thought that was the fun part about TB.

I'm with you, the whole point was the Virgil "walk". :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think any of the Tracy boys have done any risk management assessments or have an OH&S officer at work.

Give me the original any day of the week, although I won't write it off just yet as it was just the first in the series.

I do like the fact they are using models for the backdrops and scenery, just not a fan of the CG style used.

I don't think any of the Tracy boys have done any risk management assessments or have an OH&S officer at work.

Give me the original any day of the week, although I won't write it off just yet as it was just the first in the series.

I do like the fact they are using models for the backdrops and scenery, just not a fan of the CG style used.

My thoughts too.

• Administrators

I liked it, except wtf did they do to brains? on the plus side the backgrounds look like models and not CGI.

Your always going to get disgruntle old farts wanting things to be just like the "olden days" (me included I have the boxset) but I understand they were looking for a wider audience not just the 50 year old kids clinging on to their childhood :D.

Just for once I'd like to hear an unbiased opinion from somebody who's never seen the original.

Sounds like I'm in the minority here.

I quite liked it.

While it is CGI - they really tried hard to capture the feel of the original "super Marionation" series - especially around the eyes of the characters and the overall look of the animation.

The iconic getting ready to launch scenes were true to the originals for each of the Thunderbirds and brought a small tear to my eye.

Even the underwater rescue in the first half was not too far removed from similar scenes I recall TB4 was involved in.

Watching it surrounded by the kids on the couch really added to the feels I got - reminded me of being a kid and watching it with Dad and my brother back in the day.