Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

I now have a Hankin Howzat that is totally dead. Only the GI lights work. I'm going to check the fuses first but I think this has already been done.

When turned on it gives a little squeak and the led on the cpu flashes once very quickly. I'm going to check the power but I'm guessing it's okay as the sound board made a noise albeit a quick squeak. I'll reseat / replace the 6802 and mpu connectors next. Does anyone have any ideas what else could be causing this?

Cheers Trev.

Reseating the connectors and chips would definitely be the first thing to try mate. Maybe test the power supply test points to see if you are getting correct voltages. Hard to say if the flash you got can be classed as one of the first flashes or not. Might have to setup my Howzat if you have any trouble mate.

Sorry we've been out today but I'll have a look next week I dont think the flash was a proper one maybe just a spike from the power being turned on. I do have a spare that I'm recapping and replacing the sockets and headers on. Or I could try the board I got from Mike first I know that one's good.

i dont know the board but i read the manual and there is a very convenient 12v to 5v system you need to check for starters... start with the test points on the power supply .. TP1, TP2 ... get the power right first before you go fiddling with the cpu

Try reseating all the connectors/plugs as the biggest problem with Hankins is the plugs, remove wiring from the plugs & retension & clean. This was the biggest problem I had with Empire Strikes Back & all is good now. A very easy fix & sorted every problem I had with the machine, but a very time consuming process. Enjoy

• 4 months later...

I put all the bulbs in the backbox today and bugger me they all worked. Still having an issue with the solenoid fuse blowing on the power board. I tracked it down to the left flippers one of which had a broken coil stop. I swapped the coil and put a new stop in and it worked fine. I had the machine switched on for a couple of hours while I was doing something else and heard the fuse pop again so I'm back to square one. I'll check the other flipper next.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk