Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

CRT_emudriver help

Colour bleed is more fixed by toning down the individual RGB pots on the neckboard or the chassis itself. However, I doubt it will be bleed, as there doesn't seem to be any other bleed in the image, particularly on the other health bar. The best way to tune colour is with a garaduated colour bar, you can bring up those in heaps of games by going into monitor test mode. They will give you a colour bar that is dark at the end and fades to the left. You want to get the monitor adjusted so that all the bars (blue, green, red, white) show the same fade of colour from left to right. If you have a REALLY nice monitor, you will be able to adjust it so that each bar gets all the way to the left before totally fading out, and without creating any bleed.

I've adjusted many chassis before, I'm a perfectionist! I usually use any CPS2 colour test pattern as they are easy to work with. I'll have the picture looking it's best, just don't think I can fix that particular issue..

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad you got it working mate. Looks like the red is too high but it's just in that one corner...get a grid pattern and some colour bars up and take some photos. Could just be really bad convergence in that one corner.

Good work, now time to tweak that monitor :) Your blue is WAY overdriven. Find the blue adjustment pot and tone it down, it will make a huge difference to the image.

Tried tweaking both Blue pots (on the neckboard and chassis) it didn't really help any. Also tried playing with the Green to compensate.. It didn't look that strong during the day when I came over.

Hmmm, maybe this is the result of the cheap chassis. What type of tube is it? That blue saturation would drive me insane :)

It honestly doesn't look that strong in real life. Unless Luke has played around with it after I left haha. I know what your saying though, I couldn't get the contrast 100% either. And I noticed that one corner of the tube was slightly, only just slightly less focussed than the rest of the image. But I think this could be due to the fact that the screen is reflected through the double mirror glass. I also gave it a good degaussing, but that spot was still a littly blurry.

At the end of the day, I'd rather that image over an LCD... But nothing compares to a NANAO!

image.jpg.61acac91186175f080bc3b483f1004b3.jpg