Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 25 - Game 3 ~ Mappy ~ [FINISHED]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Review

Ahhh Mappy.

You know even back in the day when I was a midget sized kid saving every 20 cent piece to feed the insatiable altars of 20 cent coins called arcade machines I loathed this game. You know the fact that it rhymes with crappy is not lost on yours truly and I can only presume the creators called it this on all the design docs.

Mappy is a tacky mouse running through a house (take that Dr Seuss) to collect all of the items whilst being chased by cats. Not a stretch of a story I suppose except for the weird mode of transport being trampolines! A couple of weird aspects of these trampolines, well other than the fact that stairs are unheard of in this universe it that

a) you cannot be killed by the cats whilst on them and

b) bounce too many times in a row and they break.

I can only think that if the trampolines are that delicate they must be replaced on a daily basis.

In between levels, that is if you actually finish one without stabbing yourself in the eye with whatever is handy to end the pain, you get a "bonus" round of yet MORE trampolines and bubbles to burst. Kind of like being rewarded with another bowl of mussels after throwing up the first one. Try and get all of them or like me just race to the end to pop the cat balloon for 2000 points instead. Again the trampolines break after a few too bounces completely disregarding ACCC guidelines on fitness for purpose!

I've played this game about 25 times for this MGL so far progressing as far as level 6 or something and the only reason I'm here to tell the tale is that my arcade machines are at the opposite end of the garage where all the power tools are located. I think I'm going to lock them away and give my wife the key.....on second though I might throw the key away ;)

http://harmoniseit.com/images/2_mussels.jpg - I give it a rating of 2 out of 5 mussels on Brad's Mussel Rating System Remember kids, 1 mussel is bad but 5 is horrific!

• Administrators
Can tell you are on a semester break @Brad ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Kind of obvious isn't it. Even my wife and kids are saying gee dads in a good mood ;)

Brad

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79446[/ATTACH]

92,820 to 118,310 = 25,490 increase, very nice on a tough to score game. That again and it will be the lead ... the difference currently only 6,500 points.

Also noticed the message next to your avatar: is anticipating that the next tournament selection will be Domino Man ... maybe? ;)

Mappy update ... http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Mappy_Meowky_zpsikxyvkqu.png

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Mappy3_zpstvydyfub.png

3 days to go ...

:)

Edited by OOO

Just managed to get a couple of games in on this before going back to work, really I think this games suckiness has been overrated, yeah I would not have put my cash in it in the Arcade but it does have some decent strategy, I have played much worse.

It gets hard on round 7 (I think it was 7) when they start to easily out run you, the top scores are quite impressive.

I have been enjoying tweaking my cabs more than playing lately, I mounted a mouse mat on an unused picture frame so I can place it over the CP buttons and use the mouse for trackball games without hitting the buttons :) I have also finally got round to getting the glass and artwork replaced on my Space Duel cab, the art was still good but the glass was quite scratched, I pick up the finished work next week, I hope I'm happy with it.

I also compiled DK Pauline and put it on my cab along with all the other DKs (except DK3 that one sucks) and linked the Pauline marquee to it in the frontend (MaLa) happy with that. I'm looking into buying a couple of spinners for games like Tempest and Arkanoid that you can also put wheels on for driving games, looking forward to playing Super Bug and Ivan Steward Off Road. But that is some time off yet, I'm going to make a panel that can sit above my CP and plug into USB, that way I can swap the spinners/wheels from one cab to the other easily and quickly just by lifting it off and I don't have to drill any holes into the original CPs, I hope that all works as expected.

http://i.imgur.com/hURCo4el.jpg

mapp0000.png.6b685a2c10998e535329eb161e31f392.png

gonna keep trying the last couple hours...hoping I could at least get 50K, but it's not looking good...at least I'm playing on the right settings now (I had been playing on Rank B instead of A, which is most likely harder :rolleyes )

mapp0001.png.bbe9937065a79713da4a497986264871.png

minor improvement...mostly because I finally managed to do the bonus stage right...don't know what I was doing wrong, as I've finished it perfect before, but that was the first time playing it in this tourney that I did it.