Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Where can I buy mylar?

the best and cheapest place to get mylar (at least last time i got it) is from a company called JAC AUSTRALIA

http://www.hotfrog.com.au/companies/Jac-Australia

there is 2 different types, aussie made mylar and german stuff

the aussie stuff is twice as thick and half the price, i used it once and wouldnt touch it again

reason being is i mylar playfields wet with detergent and with the aussie stuff if you need to lift the mylar up to remove a bubble (even when wet), the glue separates from the mylar and makes a mess of everything

the german stuff is awesome, not sure of the exact code but just ask for some clear german mylar for a pinball machine and ive personally used it on 30 + pins with no problems :cool:

they used to be in adelaide but must have downsized and there used to be a wait for the german stuff as it wasnt there biggest selling product, couldnt recommend it enough though

aussie made stuff because it was twice as thick, if you touch up the playfield and paint is slightly uneven it stands out like dogs balls

the german stuff seemed to follow minor contours much better, hopefully they still stock the same stuff as last time i bought from them was 5 or more years ago and i stocked up back then :badgrin

Our mylar is crystal clear.

You get what you pay for

$1 contact you put on schoolbooks for example

Ours is special pressure sensitive

Wanye, As a commercial seller here at AA, you are not supposed to pop into peoples threads and say 'Buy from me'

You have your own selling section that I am supposed to respect and not barge in and say 'your prices are too high'

Wanye, As a commercial seller here at AA, you are not supposed to pop into peoples threads and say 'Buy from me'

You have your own selling section that I am supposed to respect and not barge in and say 'your prices are too high'

Pete,

Out of interest where do you see that rule? :unsure

I don't see any problems with the guys replying to someone saying they are trying to source something.

If you have something on your mind let me know.

regards

the best and cheapest place to get mylar (at least last time i got it) is from a company called JAC AUSTRALIA

http://www.hotfrog.com.au/companies/Jac-Australia

there is 2 different types, aussie made mylar and german stuff

the aussie stuff is twice as thick and half the price, i used it once and wouldnt touch it again

reason being is i mylar playfields wet with detergent and with the aussie stuff if you need to lift the mylar up to remove a bubble (even when wet), the glue separates from the mylar and makes a mess of everything

the german stuff is awesome, not sure of the exact code but just ask for some clear german mylar for a pinball machine and ive personally used it on 30 + pins with no problems :cool:

they used to be in adelaide but must have downsized and there used to be a wait for the german stuff as it wasnt there biggest selling product, couldnt recommend it enough though

aussie made stuff because it was twice as thick, if you touch up the playfield and paint is slightly uneven it stands out like dogs balls

the german stuff seemed to follow minor contours much better, hopefully they still stock the same stuff as last time i bought from them was 5 or more years ago and i stocked up back then :badgrin

I just rang them and the number seems to be wrong

funny have a Sydney number with a Melbourne Address.

I have emialed them.

I normally use the aussie stuff stuff when we use it and used to pay around $30 - $40 a sheet. ( i can give details of the company if needed)

but I am interested in having a look at the German stuff

thanks Jeff

mark

ok i found an old receipt with the correct part number for the german mylar, its official name is

SERIPOL CLEAR 23 AL170 1*700

and when i last ordered some sheets in 2002 it was $10 a sheet

also wanted to ad that there may be aussie made stuff that does the job, but the stuff i used which i bought from JAC was rubbish if applying wet

if applying dry it should be fine as long as you know what your doing, for me the german stuff has proven itself though

german stuff was always hard to get hold of as it wasnt a big seller, so you may have to order some (if its still available), but its worth the wait

not sure whats happened with that company either mark, they used to have a site

http://www.jac.com.au but its not there anymore :cry

I've used Avery brand 'Fasfiti". Used by sign makers to apply to their sign work that may be defaced by little shits.

Works well, quite thin, very good adhesion, applies wet with a bit of water/detergent. Available from Signarama stores, probably many other places as well.

Most commercially available graffiti removal fluids will allow the removal of graffiti without damaging Avery FasFiti Film. • Allows easy removal of graffiti • High abrasion resistance • High clarity • Good resistance to UV radiation and weathering exposure • Excellent dimensional stability • Excellent resistance to chemicals and solvents • Excellent adhesion and vandal resistance • Available in gloss and matt finish