Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 25 - Game 2 ~ Lode Runner ~ [FINISHED]

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep . Played this on the IIe and C64 never on MAME .

One of the best and fastest playing games on both machines .

Looking forward to my first MGL entry .

Well you are at least playing in luxury ... what a nice place Avalon Beach is ... and next to Palm Beach ...

Lode Runner has a lot of depth and challenges ... good luck and see how you go ... ;)

There's plenty of gold and bonuses in this game ...

My oldest brother lives at Avalon Beach, for the last 25 years or so. Beautiful spot !

I reckon I might stake a claim at being at least one of the oldest MGL'ers. Clue: At the height of Arcade glory days (1981) I was 14 so that makes me....old and cranky ;)

Well you are at least playing in luxury ... what a nice place Avalon Beach is ... and next to Palm Beach ...

Lode Runner has a lot of depth and challenges ... good luck and see how you go ... ;)

There's plenty of gold and bonuses in this game ...

I reckon I might stake a claim at being at least one of the oldest MGL'ers. Clue: At the height of Arcade glory days (1981) I was 14 so that makes me....old and cranky ;)

I turned 13 that year. I reckon there are quite a few MGL'ers born in the late sixties. :113:

it's amazing how it can all flood back after not playing or seeing a game for 30 odd years..

Thought i did alright up to level 5 first man first time

then i see @JustAnotherRat has 52,280 on level 3 i know i've missed some points somewhere...

ldru0000.png.976421c9cbd13e299d696e103ad80d74.png

• Administrators
I turned 13 that year. I reckon there are quite a few MGL'ers born in the late sixties. :113:

In the immortal words of Bill & Ted

69 dude!

Brad

it's amazing how it can all flood back after not playing or seeing a game for 30 odd years..

Thought i did alright up to level 5 first man first time ...

Wow that's really good ... first man, first time, in 30 years ...

It can only get better from here ... :035:

0002.png.67514998458e0641fd0963d5d63930f5.png

Not a bad game so far, gets hard rather quickly though. Some of the mechanics of the game seem flawed to me though, not sure if it's intentional or a game glitch - starts digging a hole and then stops for some reason and the enemy is all over me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78368[/ATTACH]

Not a bad game so far, gets hard rather quickly though. Some of the mechanics of the game seem flawed to me though, not sure if it's intentional or a game glitch - starts digging a hole and then stops for some reason and the enemy is all over me.

thats because you cant dig while the enemies occupy the same block. so if they move on to it while your digging there it cancels.

ldrun.thumb.jpg.4ad008f0ec52af39be1d2670e2a592ef.jpg

I remember playing this as a young kid. not sure what systems i think it was on a pc's and one that was connected to a tv.