Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Thanks a million Johns-Arcade

This is what AA is about..it's not about the games, it's the people you meet.

I had been searching for a Gottlieb Flip a Card for over 15 years..they turned up every few years but they were always hammered. Then the image below popped up on my Facebook feed on the Coinopwarehouse page last May. Then over the coarse of a few hours these posts were made:

Tony Mather: my number 1 want..been chasing one for 15 years..but i'm in australia

Coinopwarehouse: We are working on a container to Australia - email John Glover at johnsarcade@xxxx.com and find out what he would charge to include it.

John Glover: Ill take it for tony please lloyd

Coinopwarehouse: I will keep it for you. Thanks!

Tony Mather: send me payment details llyod..have spoken with john and all good

Coinopwarehouse: Paypal is lloyd@xxxxx.com

Andrew Golub: Great to see the connection Tony and John made here. Nice to see this classic going to someone who really has wanted one for years! Just a small pin collector here, but know what it is like to be looking for a machine that long!

Tony Mather: thanks lloyd..payment sent..and thanks john for the offer to bring it to australia..as mentioned been chasing this title for 15 years, so it was a grail pin..cheers guys!

Coinopwarehouse: All set - thanks for your payment. We appreciate the business. Lloyd

John Glover: Glad to help out Tony

Now until this point I had never met John, just knew of him via all the positive things people had said over the years. How kind of an offer was that?

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/illawarra_steelers/1609972_10152457893147375_1222222267361667610_n_zpswx9v0llp.jpg

So not only did John organise everything his end, he also bought it down from Queensland and left it at his Sisters place last night. Now the game is safely in the Steelers shed (like I have room right now :lol )

So since that first time back in May have been extremely fortunate to meet John and his lovely daughters at a meet here and at Pinball Expo. Anybody that knows or has met John will know what a top shelf person he is..I felt like I had known him all my life. Feel privileged to now call him a friend.

So to John, thanks mate, really hope to be able to make this up to you someway.

Heading out now to to start work on the game..and Atlantis, Egg Head and King Pin get shunted back down the line.

John helped me partially fix a Tempest machine over the phone. Ray and I were poking at things with a multimeter and telling him info over the phone and with just the info we were telling him, he figured out that it was the bridge rectifier causing the issues. I bought a new one and bam, machine turned on, but my board was not working. John then sent me his working Tempest board to play with and took mine to repair when he gets his repair bench set back up. I am then taking the Tempest cabinet down to him when he gets settled at his new place on the Gold Coast, so he can do some monitor work and get it working 100%

He did all this for a guy he had never met, just out of the goodness of his heart, and probably his desire to save a Tempest machine :) Never met John, but I can certainly attest to his excellent nature.

I only just found this thread this morning :redface

Thanks for the kind words Tony, and everyone else! I can be a grumpy bastard at times, but the people here are what counts the most, so I try and help when I can. I was happy to help Tony, and glad you have another wanted EM in your collection, enjoy!

And I plan to play that Pin one day, so keep a spot in the shed for me please mate :)

Cheers!

Johns-Arcade.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

well, she is alive..got to play this fantastic game for the first time since the mid 1970s..once again mega thanks to @Johns-Arcade for making this possible.

still have a few bugs to sort out, get repro instruction cards made, and have another flip-a-card lined up @stuba that will eventually make it's way to the steelers shed to make the perfect game ;)

if you're not into old school pinball this thread won't mean anything..but there is nothing like bringing life back to a game that has been sitting dead for over 30 years, missing a heap of parts..and you get to play them again..nothing better.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/illawarra_steelers/20150629_181920_zpsahjwpmve.jpg

What a great looking machine some of the machines you have make me drool just thinking about them you are so fortunate to have found so many great Gotlieb titles and the effort and passion that you put into restoring these old classics for the next generation to enjoy I take my hat off to you