Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

IL EuroStick Review

Hey guys how are you all

Thought you might be interested in my IL EuroStick review

Enjoy

You can soften the "springyness" of those joysticks by switching the Cherry's to "soft-touch" Cherry's. Steve at Austin Amusements has them for sale. They feature a Blue actuator and require half the force. But IMO, you can't go past a good set of Australian made MCA joysticks with fresh Swann leaf switches. Such a short throw when compared to Seimitsu, Happ Comps, Sanwa etc. I guess it comes down to personal preference. Good stuff on the video, I'm sure that people will find it very insightful.

You can soften the "springyness" of those joysticks by switching the Cherry's to "soft-touch" Cherry's. Steve at Austin Amusements has them for sale. They feature a Blue actuator and require half the force. But IMO' date=' you can't go past a good set of Australian made MCA joysticks with fresh Swann leaf switches. Such a short throw when compared to Seimitsu, Happ Comps, Sanwa etc. I guess it comes down to personal preference. Good stuff on the video, I'm sure that people will find it very insightful.[/quote']

Thanks 80's Kid

I really appreciate your feedback thank you very much

And thanks for the advice on the cherries too

It's funny hey I actually had yellow MCA joysticks installed with leaf switches

And I really did like the short throw

However the leaf switches would tend to bend I noticed and sort of come out of alignment

Which would then hit a switch and move on its own

I still have the MCA's and I really do like them

Just wanted to try something different without a leaf style cherry switch

Thanks again mate I appreciate your comments

Thanks 80's Kid

I really appreciate your feedback thank you very much

And thanks for the advice on the cherries too

It's funny hey I actually had yellow MCA joysticks installed with leaf switches

And I really did like the short throw

However the leaf switches would tend to bend I noticed and sort of come out of alignment

Which would then hit a switch and move on its own

I still have the MCA's and I really do like them

Just wanted to try something different without a leaf style cherry switch

Thanks again mate I appreciate your comments

No worries, I've had that problem with MCA's too. I've tried a number of things, clipping the new switches, bending them, numerous brands. MCA's only really work well with Swann branded switches, Cherry D44's (Black actuator) and the aussie made GMA's. All of which are hard to purchase brand new these days. Also, another thing to keep in mind with MCA's, the grommet needs to be nice and tight. You can purchase brand new grommets from coin play in Melbourne, and brand new MCA's from arcade gaming Australia.

No way Coin Play in Wheelers Hill, I have dealt with Gauna quite a few times he is fantastic, I have been seeing him for absolutely years, very informative knows, what he is talking about, and thats where I actually buy the MCA's from

He's actually done quite a lot of work on that cabinet too

He actually part design those MCA's too there's a bit of history for ya....

Really happy with the service

You're totally right about the bladed microswitch it's a very hard to find ones that are nice and stiff

I have completely gutted an MCA before and there's quite a few little eclips and rubber grommet that needed cleaning it came out really well once I did that

Thanks again man you've been really helpful