Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern 5 Balls Missing Error

Hi all,

I'm currently tidying up The Simpsons Pinball Party (Stern Whitestar system) and fixing any small problem. When the game arrived, the game would be powered on and it would immediately do a ball search with "5 Balls Missing" on the DMD. I checked all the ball trough switches and they tested ok. I narrowed the problem down to the two opto boards in the ball trough.

After re-flowing solder on the boards, this did not fix my problem. I ended up replacing both boards for longevity.

Now when I turn the machine on, it boots with no errors. Problem solved!

Cheers!

Adam.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,right now I'm having the same problem on my Sega Harley-Davidson pinball, when I saw your post about the problem that you were having I changed out the receiving opto board but that did not seem to help, when I turned the machine on it shoots out three balls and then it says there's a ball missing, what I would like to ask you is are the two LED bulbs supposed to be lit up on the new receiver opto board that I installed, what I did now was order a new set of opto boards and will replace them, if that does not work can you suggest anywhere else to look to resolve this problem.

Thank youi

Barney