Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Extending Laptop Power Button To Arcade Pushbutton outside Arcade cabinet?

Hi Guys,

My MAME desktop pc that I was using in my arcade cabinet has died so I've replaced it with a laptop I had lying around to avoid buying a new pc.

Anyway with the dekstop pc I had the power button extended to a arcade pushbutton on the outiside of the cabinet so it could be turned on without having to open the cabinet.

Now with my laptop there is no bios setting that allows it to boot up when power is turned on i'm wondering if it's possible to extend the power button to outside the cabinet like I had with my desktop pc? i'm not sure as its a different type of switch used on the laptop.

if it can't be done or done easily it's no biggy i'll just open the cabinet everytime I want to play (I'm just being lazy! :)

cheers

Johno

Have you tried to set the 'AC Power On' option in the power settings of your motherboard's BIOS?

Whenever you power the cab up, the Laptop should start up.as well.

This saves the need for a power button all together.

Have you tried to set the 'AC Power On' option in the power settings of your motherboard's BIOS?

Whenever you power the cab up, the Laptop should start up.as well.

This saves the need for a power button all together.

yeah mate the bios in the laptop doesn't have that setting. I believe most laptops don't.

• 3 years later...
Yeah, can't see a laptop having a need for that option given the nature of power use with them. All the button on the laptop would be doing is bridging two contacts under the button, I'd just pull it apart, solder wires onto each point and then move that button to your arcade button.