Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

KISS confirmed as Sterns next title.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not me so far. Game is like a completely different machine now with this update!

Could be the shitty sd cards that stern supplied with this game causing the reboot?

I got a replacement card from Zax when I purchased mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a replacement card from Zax when I purchased mine

Yeah my first sd card shat itself. Ive used a cloning program to copy the sd card to 2 spares just in case it happens again. funny to think a $10 sd card can bring down a 10k machine.

Try reformatting the USB stick, copy over the bin file and try again. Make sure the file is labelled the same as the download link and doesn't contain (×) in the name, x could be a 1 or a 2.

I did format the card before I started but will try downloading again and see what happens

This is the first time I’ve had trouble updating the code usually it’s just plug it in and away it goes

KISS confirmed as Sterns next title.

Finally got the code updated boy biggest difference I’ve seen with the updates yet it does feel like a different machine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Rob1966

Finally got the code updated boy biggest difference I’ve seen with the updates yet it does feel like a different machine

I got my best score ever. 500 odd million and to the Heaven's On Fire wizard mode. Possibly my greatest game of pinball ever. No lie.....tempted to never play the machine again because I will probably never better that experience......or did they just dumb the game down for people of my skill level? Haha

Can you advise solution please mate

I took the advice of @djc and downloaded the formatting program then reformatted my USB stick redownloaded the update code now this is where I even got lost myself.

When I usually do the code update you put the USB stick in the machine turn it on and everything starts automatically, but again it did the same thing as previous attempts so I swore a little started pushing some of the buttons on the door diagnostics like a madman and after a few attempts the code update fired up lol so really just dumb luck got it going in the end

• Administrators
Not me so far. Game is like a completely different machine now with this update!

Could be the shitty sd cards that stern supplied with this game causing the reboot?

Tony bought the machine off a forum member and doing a google search we found a pinside thread from the original owner with the same issue so this machine has a history.

Unfortunately the update didn't fix it.

Tony bought the machine off a forum member and doing a google search we found a pinside thread from the original owner with the same issue so this machine has a history.

Unfortunately the update didn't fix it.

Since this was brought up here, I can confirm that this particular Kiss game did have some factory node board issues out of the box, and a switch issue not long after this (which turned out to also be node board related). Both of these issues were taken care of under warranty via AMD (and Rod via AMD). Since that time the game worked flawlessly for a good 18 months or so with no issues. It should also be noted that the seller of this game is the original owner and service wise, nobody else has ever touched the game. I have also passed this info directly on to Tony.

Code update wise, you should make sure that the file has been unzipped properly before performing the update. A few months back I had the same issue attempting to update code on a different game, and it turned out the file hadn't fully downloaded and expanded properly.

• Administrators

In this day and age these games should have a better diagnostic system specially with these kinds of random resets to show where or what node board to check. I find this system to be appalling.

I did all the "anecdotal" fixes floating around but non worked. There's so much misinformation out there its hard to tell what's real and actually works.

We've change a dodgy looking coil in the vuk and removed the mods from the game and so far its behaved itself.

I'm not pointing fingers, simply looking for a solution, hopefully its fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

NEW CODE! Stern Pinball has posted KISS code v1.41.0 for the Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models.

This code contains bug fixes, system updates and additional polish.

Pro Code v1.41.0:

http://www.sternpinball.com/games/kiss/pro

Premium Code v1.41.0:

http://www.sternpinball.com/games/kiss/premium

Limited Edition v1.41.0:

http://www.sternpinball.com/games/kiss/le

Additional details can be found in the read me file.

This update and read me files can also be found on our website http://www.sternpinball.com in the game code library.

I got my best score ever. 500 odd million and to the Heaven's On Fire wizard mode. Possibly my greatest game of pinball ever. No lie.....tempted to never play the machine again because I will probably never better that experience......or did they just dumb the game down for people of my skill level? Haha

Agree - uploaded latest code, played one game this morning before work, got to Heaven's on Fire! Never seen it before - never played Kiss well in the past. Have they made it easier to get to or just one of those lucky games? Think I only completed one song.

Agree - uploaded latest code, played one game this morning before work, got to Heaven's on Fire! Never seen it before - never played Kiss well in the past. Have they made it easier to get to or just one of those lucky games? Think I only completed one song.

I haven't played mine since the epic game. Lol.

Will install the new code when I'm back home next week. Will report back.

• 8 months later...