Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Joystick and button help

jaw

Question

Hi guys, I just brought my 1st arcade machine yesterday. Anyway, while inspecting it everything worked fine, loaded onto ute and drove 2mins down the road to home. Powered it up, everything loads but the buttons and joysticks won't work now. It was originally brought from a guy on ebay in Sydney that does repo cabs with all the arcade games including nes ect. I'm new to arcade machine have several pinballs so was hoping someone could help me out.

Thanks

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

11 answers to this question

you'll find that is just a hick up with maximus exiting.. I see the Ipac keyboard encoder thats wired to your controls...

1.shut down machine - unplug the Ipac from PC - turn PC back on and plug in ipcac.

hopefully that works. or try various combos unplug ipac and plug it back in while machine is on and wait a a minute. etc

2. plug in a mouse & keyboard in the pc - exit maximus - ctrl+Q - open a notepad or microsoft wordpad and check your Ipac is working properly press a few buttons , prob player 2 control and buttons as they are likely to show up as letters.

see how you go with that ... If it doesn't fix it ... we'll try other things

this is a fiddy thing to fix ...

I have encountered this problem sometimes if you exit in the middle of a game to go back to the maximus game menu .the controls stop and the only thing that works is the mouse.

Its hard to recall exactly how i fixed it.

I practically tried everything .

try playing a game via Mame itself just to see if mame is working and controls work.

If your in preferences try resaving control settings don't change anything as it was working before.

Does your maximus auto start on PC start up? if it does take the maximus shortcut out of the start up folder for now and start your pc in normal windows .

then shut down machine - unplug the Ipac from PC - turn PC back on and plug in ipcac.

hopefully that works. or try various combos unplug ipac and plug it back in while machine is on and wait a a minute. etc

2. open a notepad or microsoft wordpad and check your Ipac is working properly press a few buttons , prob player 2 control and buttons as they are likely to show up as letters.

did you open the note pad click in there and press the 2nd player buttons? did any letters show up on the note pad?

your ipac is a keyboard encoder when you push the player 2 buttons and joystick it should show mapped letters to buttons on the note pad

this is to see if its working...

yeah thats normal , its detected the ipac. thats good.

I'm trying to troubleshoot all steps so you must do this to move to the next steps, forget about maximus or preferences for now, we'll do that later.

Boot PC and run a text program such as Notepad. Observe the LED on the I-PAC should be OFF in normal use. The LED lights initially when the board is powered up then goes off when the board has been detected by the host and initialized.

Press various player 2 buttons (some of the player 1 buttons are mapped to non-displayable codes such as ALT so best to use player 2). You should see characters displayed, just as if they were typed on the keyboard.