Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 24 - Game 8 ~ Raiden ~ [FINISHED]

Can't say I've seen the blue guy all that often in the first stage

I've only ever seen that car once, but didn't get to shoot him. Wonder what triggers his appearance?

Just had a run through stage 1 and my score was 127,560. This is pretty typical

There is a hidden fairy worth 10k which you have to shoot a shit load of bullets for it to appear

Edit: I use spread shot (red) and normal missiles (yellow). I never switch to blue

I think on the second stage that car appears every time, but it is super quick and small, so easily missed. I think there may be a fairy again on level 4 but I have never got that far... LOL

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77140[/ATTACH]

So C4mony and I still have no power at home but we did visit my sister last night and after dinner realised that her arcade (MAME) machine was sitting in the next room so off we trotted for a few games.

Jeepers how lucky are you?

How many members out there have a sister who has an arcade machine at their place? ... http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Pacman_Machine_zpsb3b61f58.gif

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Raiden3_zpsqskro7v0.png

3 days to go ...

:)

Edited by OOO

Down to the wire!

Brad

The Ripple Effect, it's a two way improvement ...

The overall score before your 475,970 score:

Brad 503.7

Barra 531.64

Diff 27.94

After your score:

Brad up to 509.56

Barra down to 522.72

Diff 13.16

2 days to go ...

• Administrators

OK I think a conservative estimate is 30 started and quit games to get this score today. I still have not seen these mystery bonuses =(

Brad

raiden-brad-500710.png.715a49043bb6a31b9c154174c9402d5b.png

Thanks camaro! That's maybe why I couldn't find it. Someone said road but its actually a riverbank. Nice screenshot =)

Cheers,

Brad

Is that in the tree near the river? I noticed my bullets hit, but I've never go anything from it.

Yep where you notice your bullets hitting something invisible, keep firing (a lot)

Its quite tricky to get at first as you have to deal with incoming enemies too

:p ;)

OK I think a conservative estimate is 30 started and quit games to get this score today. I still have not seen these mystery bonuses =(

Brad

The Ripple Effect Part 2 ...

The overall score before your 500,710 score:

Brad 509.56

Barra 522.72

Diff 13.16

After your score:

Brad 509.56

Barra down to 518.22

Diff 8.66

It's midnight ... 19 hours to go ...

Am I going to have to play tomorrow??? (Not for one second saying I'll be able to improve)

Great score Brad! The pressure is on :)

Edit: Not going to lie I watched a pro run this earlier today (3 loops without a death). It gets insanely fast. If you aren't privy to where the enemies are (exactly!) you're dead pretty much straight away (its hard enough on loop 1, imagine loop 3!!!)

Still not sure where the car comes from.

finally got to have a crack at Raiden this morning then 3 hours later I stood up from the cab :) I don't really like shmups but I quite enjoyed playing this and got into it and now my right forearm is trashed a little.

Had so many deaths on L2 Boss till I figuired how to beat him and then he's easy. One 30k bonus in L2 and one 5k but in truth, i have no idea what I'm doing in L3 :redface time to give up and go work on my bike to calm the frazzled nerves

Good luck to the front runners and game on

http://s7.postimg.org/wgzpgg7a3/raiden.jpg

• Administrators

I don't think the level 3 boss is too bad. The hardest is the Level 2 boss. Well hardest to get past without dying =/

I've had a number of games today and cannot get into the groove. As I said earlier, this game is brutally unforgiving. You MUST clear level 1 and 2 without losing a life and lord help you on level 3 without spread shot. If you get a flow going in your movement and concentrate you're fine. As soon as you lose your movement flow or miss-time a shot and die, the game is virtually over unless you luck out and die near the boss part but then you lose your bonus.

Brad

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77210[/ATTACH]

Got power back, then lost it again then got it back again and had some more games but apparently sorting the house out is more important than the MGL and I am pretty much flogging a dead horse anyway. I improved my score a little but it will make bugger all difference. Well done to those who actually played well in this game and this MGL.

raid0015.png.ebe986f56bf5cc6ba3e37d701b53d531.png

I've had it with this game. Normally on MGL games I have a crack and if I like the game I keep going and improve a bit, if I don't like it I stop. But on this I quite like it but can get no further. I've never finished stage two and can't see it happening and it's getting towards beer time. I don't like to watch vids of how to do it and like the tips from these threads but even the 10k angel isn't doing anything to my score so I give up. Amazing to me that you guys can get such high scores, well done.

I'm not good at these types of games either, especially with a keyboard. So here's my submission. Might play a few more in the next hour or so and see if I can improve, but it should give me a few points to get back into 5th place :D

raid0000.png.1a1f9868ff88d6681603fe89d41f00c2.png