Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

iPhone 5 Lightning Port

These would have to be the shittest cables I have ever owned. I no longer own an iPhone, but ended up buying a handful of cheap lightning cables for my partner's iPhone and ipad as they inevitably break. I pulled one cable apart and the solder had come loose from the wire to the pin connector.

Is it your actual port or cable that is faulty?

Cheers!

Adam.

These would have to be the shittest cables I have ever owned. I no longer own an iPhone, but ended up buying a handful of cheap lightning cables for my partner's iPhone and ipad as they inevitably break. I pulled one cable apart and the solder had come loose from the wire to the pin connector.

Is it your actual port or cable that is faulty?

Cheers!

Adam.

I've had two cables now, both went to shit. I need to put upward pressure on the port, then wrap the cable around the phone for it to charge.

I did give it a clean, but made no difference.

• 3 weeks later...
Had a fair few of these "fail" at work recently, the issue always seems to be a compacted wad of pocket lint in the socket, and I do mean compacted. Unless you can see shiny black plastic at the back of the socket you have crap in there that prevents the charger plug going all the way in. It should go in until the white sleeve of the connector is completely flush with the body of the phone. I was amazed at the amount I managed to drag out of the socket, charger works fine now.