Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 24 - Game 7 ~ Frogger ~ [FINISHED]

agree, circus Charlie would be an ideal format, but mame is already easy to run on Android, and the key is taking a game further I think, making it more than the original. (like making frogger infinite, with heaps more hazards, unlockables, etc)

if you are interested in mobile dev, grab yourself a copy of Unity, you can produce games for all platforms. quite a powerful developing tool, expensive to license though.

Oh yeah I definitely mean expanding on the game, not just doing a port of it. Besides, Konami is still around - pretty good chance of a lawsuit if you did a verbatim copy, or just ripped their graphics and hit the big time making a game with their IP.

I've looked into Unity, and for my hobby interest in game programming for mobiles, it is just over the top at the moment, though I do believe the latest version does offer a completely free version. Not that I've done any mobile programming in months, when I do I'm using a little known product called Monkey-X which cross compiles from HTML5 to Android, iOS, XNA, Ouya, Windows Desktop, Win 8 App, PSM & Flash. Very cool language, but unfortunately the kiwi guy who makes it isn't getting enough in sales (too much free x-platform languages out now I guess), so he isn't really making major changes/improvements to the language now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But seriously, Frogger fans, you got to play Crossy Road ! (droid, iOS) My best is 145 points, beat it if you dare:cool:

I know I live under a rock, but I'd never heard of Crossy Road before you mentioned it, then I saw a score up on TG (158) and thought I'd have a look at it. Bugger me it's addictive :lol I'm up to 207 now I think.

There is a YouTube vid of a guy getting over 1000 :o Someone else posted a video of over 2000, but for some reason you can't see the score so I'm not 100% on that one.

I'll try and record another game tonight and upload it to TG, did a very quick test run - 76 points yesterday. I've only been playing it for about a day and bit, so hopefully I can push the score a bit higher and take top spot on TG.

This is however where TG is going to fall down, it would be a real shame if someone (me?) scored 500 on Crossy Road as was crowned a WR holder when clearly there is lots of evidence that this isn't the case. Not sure if TG is providing mobile device records to Guinness or if they are just doing arcade/mame/console.

Glad you are enjoying crossy road. I generally don't play mobile games, but it's a great pick up and play game with the same appeal as an arcade game and of course the idea of infinite frogger is a pretty good one.

If you click the podium icon within the game you can see the 'proper' world rankings for crossy road and they are all sitting on 2000. I think that's where the game ends or where you beat it. Would be funny if there was a kill screen :)

I'm up to 174, your 207 is good ! That will have to be my next target. I also like collecting all the different characters to use and for some reason I still really like the prize machine ! I think they nailed this game, the devs (hipster whale) have more games in the works so I'll be keen to check out those too.

Glad you are enjoying crossy road. I generally don't play mobile games, but it's a great pick up and play game with the same appeal as an arcade game and of course the idea of infinite frogger is a pretty good one.

If you click the podium icon within the game you can see the 'proper' world rankings for crossy road and they are all sitting on 2000. I think that's where the game ends or where you beat it. Would be funny if there was a kill screen :)

I'm up to 174, your 207 is good ! That will have to be my next target. I also like collecting all the different characters to use and for some reason I still really like the prize machine ! I think they nailed this game, the devs (hipster whale) have more games in the works so I'll be keen to check out those too.

I don't really fully understand the achievement focus of a lot of games, but Crossy Road really does need more achievements to chase - I think my Android version has only 6 which I accomplished in under 3 days of playing it.

I'm up to I think 215 now. It certainly is addictive, but a lot of it has to do IMO with getting good patterns (luck), I get the occasional pattern that just plain sucks and there is very little I can do to pass where I'm at. Overall though, they've made a game that is pretty well balanced with patterns that some times get ridiculously hard, but aren't impossible to beat.

I'm not 100% on a lot of the high scores you see within mobile games, I've only played a handful of games, but I've seen enough bogus scores to know that the high score tables have been hacked (e.g. Words with Friends where people have an average score of 90+ points per word played - simply not possible).

I don't really fully understand the achievement focus of a lot of games, but Crossy Road really does need more achievements to chase - I think my Android version has only 6 which I accomplished in under 3 days of playing it.

I'm up to I think 215 now. It certainly is addictive, but a lot of it has to do IMO with getting good patterns (luck), I get the occasional pattern that just plain sucks and there is very little I can do to pass where I'm at. Overall though, they've made a game that is pretty well balanced with patterns that some times get ridiculously hard, but aren't impossible to beat.

I'm not 100% on a lot of the high scores you see within mobile games, I've only played a handful of games, but I've seen enough bogus scores to know that the high score tables have been hacked (e.g. Words with Friends where people have an average score of 90+ points per word played - simply not possible).

yeah, a lot of online games suffer from table hacking. I'm a longtime player of online racing games and when you see lap times of just over one second, well...

I think with crossy rather than 'cheeves they've concentrated more on collecting characters - this is popular with teens and they are a huge consumer of mobile games. My 15 y/,o has 73/80 characters now, and it is cool how the chars have different things happen in game.

yeah, a lot of online games suffer from table hacking. I'm a longtime player of online racing games and when you see lap times of just over one second, well...

I think with crossy rather than 'cheeves they've concentrated more on collecting characters - this is popular with teens and they are a huge consumer of mobile games. My 15 y/,o has 73/80 characters now, and it is cool how the chars have different things happen in game.

I think I've collect about a dozen so far. I like the mad bull, so I've been just playing with that.

Not sure if it's my Samsung tab, the the game does seem to suffer what looks like lag when doing certain bigger river crossings. I'll have to put it on a iPad to see how it runs, and also submit a score to TG at the same time. There are a few Android scores in/being adjudicated, but nothing for iOS yet.

I'm up to 341 now. Would like to see what happens at 2000 points though, it seems very odd for the game to just stop at this point.