Thread: MGL 24 - Game 4 ~ Ms Pacman ~ [FINISHED]

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1078 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OOO View Post
    PS: Barra you scored 441,120 on Pac-man in the Yolympics, maybe with patterns. This game is a crusher!
    Patterns yep
    Can confirm they don't work here

Much better game this one.

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

State
    of Confusion
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OOO View Post
    Just as well, since there are no patterns for this game. They made sure that all the Pac-man players couldn't use their patterns.
    The version we are playing is the Bally Midway version which is harder than the Namco jap version. Ghosts start random each frame, so pattern makers will have a ...
    Namco jap version? Which romset is that? I didn't think there was one, as Midway released this game themselves. Jr Pac-Man is better yet...no patterns, and no random fruit (you always get 5000 point mugs from board 7 on).

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    I assumed this game had no patterns, that's great news, I never bothered trying to learn playing PacMan with patterns I just can't see the point, that's not my kind of gaming.
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1511 Post(s)

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1214 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKongFan View Post
    Namco jap version? Which romset is that? I didn't think there was one, as Midway released this game themselves.
    Just checking now and I could not find the NAMCO version in MAME. So it looks like it is not available.
    However if you play the NAMCO version on console, and if my memory is correct, you will find they start as a pattern, the monsters break out to their corners like the original Pac-man at times and the monsters don't like to follow you into the tunnels as much, making it a lot easier. And if my memory is again correct, I used to play this version of Ms Pacman on the Namco Museum Volume 3 for PS1.

So bottom line if you lived in Japan BITD, I do not think they would see a MIDWAY logo and they may not have played the exact same code from General Computer, as the console version suggests.
    General Computer you say? ... I like to share great stories, and if you are up to it, watch this really fascinating presentation from Steve Golson on the controversial creation of Ms Pacman and the gaming industry BITD ... who you say? ... just watch ... grab a meal as it goes for a while ...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKongFan View Post
    Jr Pac-Man is better yet...no patterns, and no random fruit (you always get 5000 point mugs from board 7 on).
    Jr Pac-Man is also a great game , never played in the MGL before either ...
    I wonder what's harder in bonus points, a game that always gives 5,000 from board 7 on, or a game that gives you a lucky dip 100, 200, 500, 700, 1000, 2000 , 5000?
    For the purists, you want a consistent 5000, however for the tough nuts it's random and on average much less. Lucky fruit ... maybe!

And come on Mr Fan, lets have that eulogy paragraph ... time's a ticking ... ... and how about a better Donkey Kong Junior score ... what's happening? ...

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2317 Post(s)

0000.png

Finally got a new LED screen for my laptop so I can MGL while at work in between jobs

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)
    I much prefer this game due to the lack of patterns. Too tempting to use them with regular pacman, much more fun without them..

Nice going Brad...
    Pins: Judge Dredd, Dr Who, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Star Wars DE
    Arcade: New Astro City 31k, OK Baby 15k, 20" LCD Vertical upright and 25" Shi Jia Yi 15k

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1214 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post

0000.png

Finally got a new LED screen for my laptop so I can MGL while at work in between jobs
    Even the screenshot looks cleaner and better with the new LED screen ...

State
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1511 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joele View Post
    I much prefer this game due to the lack of patterns. Too tempting to use them with regular pacman, much more fun without them..

Nice going Brad...
    I've always preferred Ms Pacman to the original but then this was a game that was in my local corner store for quite a while in an LAI cocktail. My highest ever score was in the 140,000's from memory in the dim dark ages of my youth. Very doubtful I could pull that off these days.

I can't do the pattern thing with any of these games. Could never be bothered learning them however I DO have a starting routine for each maze that I've developed over the years that just seems to be ingrained habit. It's only good for the first 5th of the maze and after that it's completely "freestyle" read panic and don't get eaten

Cheers,
    Brad

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1214 Post(s)

Ms Pacman early chomping scoreboard update ... eat as much as you can ...

Did anyone notice the Ms Pacman machine on the right of the earlier scoreboards and this one? ...

Does it mean Burgertime is coming up? ... not saying ...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information