Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Anyone taken the bus from Brisbane to Tooowoomba?

John73

Mate of mine has his missus going away with his girl next weekend and wants to get on the piss.

I HATE driving to Toowoomba - it's sooooooo boring.

So I told him I might bus it. Just checking out the Greyhound website, and maybe I'm way more pissed that I think - but it seems like they have a "saver" ride for $10 each way, or a "Flexi Fare" for $34 each way. So either $20 or $68 return.

Am I really that pissed? If I take the car, I'll easily burn $50+ in fuel, have to sit and drive for 2 hours, put 300km on the car.

Haven't found out yet what the difference between saver and flexi fares are - but I'd nearly be inclined to book two seats just so I don't have to put up with someone sitting next to me :lol

Booked. Can't tell what the normal everyday price is - but $20.40 return - go on Friday, return Sunday and heaps of services at different times to choose from, you'd be mad to drive. 40Kg of luggage (I'm going for the weekend and I'm not a woman- why would I need so much? :lol), free USB charging and free WiFi.

40kg

what does a carton weigh ?

375ml x 24 + a extra for the glass = around 15kg from memory of my courier days. :)

- - - Updated - - -

That bus trip would be torture. I'd be driving no matter the cost.

The drive is torture already, this is about $30 less each way for the same torture :D I'll report back next Sunday night about the experience though.

Beginning to think I should have purchased 2 seats just so I had a whole seat to myself - but no idea if it's allocated seating or not - will get there EARLY so I can get on first. Don't want to be to close to the front of the bus where the driver can see me rolling apples and shit down the isle of the bus :lol

- - - Updated - - -

lets hope its not a sing song of old people event and they got same idea

- - - Updated - - -

must say i used to use a coach bus for tafe (45km trip each way)

one day someone must of had a seriously bad curry and snapped off the most rank power turd and stank the bus out till i got off :blink:

And there is the answer to: How do I get a seat on my own :lol

On the bus. Very comfy, air con overhead, tv which isn't showing a movie, seat to myself, several hot back packer looking chicks, free wi-fi. Crapper up the back but I doubt I'll bother dropping the kids off at the pool. Bus said on the side there was a bar, but so far no stewardess has come to take my order :lol stuffed if I will drive to Toowoomba again.

They are there for a reason but I guess that is why they have natural selection :lol

The only worry I had was if the bus some how fell off the Toowoomba Range - and if that happens a seat belt aint gonna save you :lol

Here is my experience with Greyhounding it from Brisbane to Toowoomba and back again:

Cost: $20.40 return - 10 stars - how can you compete with that? Of course if you have a family of 5 it will be cheaper to drive, but some poor bastard or two gets stuck with the driving job. I think but am not sure that the full fare is normally $34 each way - still hard to pass up if you are going on your own. Costs a bit more than your average car's fuel bill not to mention wear and tear on your car, and you don't have to drive yourself - you can play on the iPad the whole time.

Trip there - 10 stars. Bus of maybe 30-40 people. Seat to my own, I could put both air con vents on me, WiFi worked most of the way, dropped out near Gatton somewhere but that is to be expected. Bus arrived in Toowoomba despite road works (got stuck for 5 mins at a stop/slow bat section) 3 minutes or so after the advertised time. Bus driver was fantastic the whole time, funny bloke and very nice.

Trip back - 6 stars. I give it a bad rating only because the bus was at absolute capacity (not a spare seat that I could see) and the air con wasn't working correctly - it was maybe at 20%. To the best of my knowledge, the driver wasn't aware of the faulty air con prior to the trip starting. Having said that, I was about the 4th onto the bus before it departed and I could tell the air con wasn't strong enough. 1h45m on a packed bus without proper air con is not the most pleasant experience.

Overall I'd rate them 8.5 out of 10. I will definitely Greyhound it to Toowoomba in the future, so much more pleasant than driving yourself.