Thread: Chicago Coin Super Circus Rifle schematics/help needed

State
    Cairns
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3734 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laschek View Post
    For 80$ I might be interested, though I guess shipping to Germany would cost a small fortune...
    About $15

State
    Wollongong, NSW
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homepin View Post
    My boards were indeed used on The Block pinballs with great success. It had two MP3 players that could be triggered separately, one for up to 4 longer background sounds or music and the other for up to 8 short sounds. The issue I have is that they ended up far too expensive - many wanted one but balked at (my cost price of) $200.....

The revised board (that is sitting in my head - LOL) would probably cost around $80 so I don't know how that would sit with potential users???

Maybe I should start an interest thread??
    $80 sounds good to me
    That has 12 inputs? (4 x long, 8 x short MP3?)

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    856 Post(s)
    $80, count me in

State
    RhPf
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

About $15
    Ok, that is far less than I expected

State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2080 Post(s)
    That's a good deal guy's, have you priced a hooker lately....

Gemini2544's 4th Pinball meet Saturday 21/03/2020

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    856 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2544 View Post
    That's a good deal guy's, have you priced a hooker lately....
    They complain when you leave them in the machine after you turn it off
    Besides they can't make the sounds as good anyway

State
    North Brisbane- Queensland
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    My boards were indeed used on The Block pinballs with great success. It had two MP3 players that could be triggered separately, one for up to 4 longer background sounds or music and the other for up to 8 short sounds. The issue I have is that they ended up far too expensive - many wanted one but balked at (my cost price of) $200.

I now have access to a lot cheaper bits and also could assemble in the Homepin China factory so that would make a massive difference to the price. Further, I learned a lot about isolating the inputs and if I revisit the design I would use miniature relays to isolate the inputs - FAR safer to use with EM stuff, pinballs OR gun games etc.

I would also make the amplifier mono as stereo added a lot of complexity and board size to no advantage for the application.

The revised board (that is sitting in my head - LOL) would probably cost around $80 so I don't know how that would sit with potential users???

Maybe I should start an interest thread??

Mike, I have wanted 1 or 2 of these. Count me in.
    http://www.oldpinballs.com/

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laschek View Post
    I have a few minor issues with a Chicago Coin Super Circus Rifle and was wondering if the schematics are available for download somewhere, I couldn't find anything

The issues/questions I have:
    -The rightmost flop target does not drop down when hit. I cleaned the brass rivets underneath the gun, I can see a spark on it when the gun is alligned and the trigger is pulled, but the target does not drop down and there is no explosion effect. It just does not register the hit. I can move the target with my hands, so it doesn't seem to be a mechanical problem.
    At very rare occasions it has worked in the past.

-There is a bell in the back of the game which is not connected. There is no coil or any wiring. What kind of coil do I need and where does it connect to? Also, when is the bell supposed to sound anyway?

-The flyer mentions electronic sounds (explosions) when any of the flop target is hit. I don't get any, is there a volume knob anywhere?! The game is missing the 8 track player, but I assume "electronic sounds" means that there is some circuitry generating them, as opposed to the pre-recorded music on the 8 track?

Thanks!

I have several em gun games. In general the bell sounds on target hits. Most have electronic boards and an amp with volume control for background sounds like you mention for explosions etc. 8 track which is always missing provides continuous loop of background music as mentioned.

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    Resurrecting an old thread with more info.
    Finally getting around to fit an eight track I bought years ago, (buying the eight track is how I saw the Monte Carlo sitting under the tarp on the verandah- another story).
    Looking for the sounds, I discovered this EM used a Playtape 1604 player, a competitor to the 4 and 8 tracks of the time.
    Being fairly rare probably explains why there appears to be no record of the sounds.
    The "electronic sound" can only refer to the bell as there is no other evidence in the machine or on the schematic.
    "Explosions" probably refer to the image that lights up after target is hit.
    I will fit the eight track anyway with a stepdown from 100V socket to 12V and using generic circus music.

The flyer.

supercircus flyer.JPG

Playtape model 1604

1604 playtape1.jpg

Empty position

player pos1.JPG

player pos2.JPG
    EM score motors wanted: nonworking or working
    Sega Sub Roc 3D periscope mech. needed except motors.
    Wanted, Mitsubishi 60" RP (vs 6041) complete TV gun assembly. (R Proj TV/monitors and parts taken away).
    Take Five pinball machine PCB wanted.

State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2080 Post(s)
    Since this thread started I converted my Funland rifle shooter to a small stereo Amp from China that has a USB socket.

The games timing circuit turns on the Amp with the first rifle shot & plays an MP3 carnival music file, the music stops after the game ends.

Works very well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gemini2544's 4th Pinball meet Saturday 21/03/2020

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information