Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL3 GAME 6 - Eight Ball Deluxe [FINISHED]

Eight Ball Deluxe

http://i.imgur.com/rCBcwAH.jpg

This table will beplayed until 9pm Sunday 1st March

TOURNEYRULES

- 8 tables chosen at random from nominations, using the random.org website...

- No user-modded tablesallowed (ie, play the VP forums default table, at default settings)

- No buy-ins orcontinues- Vpin V9.x must beused

- High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't justpost your already existing high score

- you can play desktop table, or full screen table suit yourself - this tourneyis just for fun, to play and learn about tables in a casual tourney format

- Submit score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. Newpicture for each new score please

If you haven't nominated a table and want to - go to the nominations thread andnominate up to 5 choices

Progress scores will be updated in this post as we go forward.

3Balls

ROM:

Standings:

1. Dedrok: 5,192,980

2. Kane: 2,669,660

3. JustAnotherRat: 1,483,570

4. Jammasized: 1,207,480

5. Krusto: 524,980

Edited by Jed

I'm using same version, but full screen and 9.91 and it's silky smooth.

In one of my locals BITD they had this table, Centaur, Playboy, 6MDM, Joker Poker, and Sinbad on one wall. We'd work our way along the line and back again. Centaur always kicked my arse the most.

Played them all when they came out. Was a great time to be a kid.

Yeah I think my card is the issue. 58FPS.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure it was. Arcades were so thrilling back then. Especially compared to what they are like now. Now kids are at home on consoles and laptops playing online or whoring on social media. yawn.

I'm using same version, but full screen and 9.91 and it's silky smooth.

In one of my locals BITD they had this table, Centaur, Playboy, 6MDM, Joker Poker, and Sinbad on one wall. We'd work our way along the line and back again. Centaur always kicked my arse the most.

ahhhhh Sinbad!

yeah that's what happened! lol

The amount of times I just restart a game after 1st ball on this has to be an all time record.

Frustrating doesn't even come close to what this table is.

If ever a table needed a physmod version ..... it's this.

seems easier than the desktop ..... but not really

http://vpforums.org/imghost/121/table06eightballdeluxe91xjpv1.2fs(9.12)reduced.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74914[/ATTACH]

Thought it was about time someone showed you amateurs how this is done and move into last place.

What vp version is that ... I notice that it's the 1981 , or White apron version , not the 1984 black apron.

seems easier than the desktop ..... but not really

http://vpforums.org/imghost/121/table06eightballdeluxe91xjpv1.2fs(9.12)reduced.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

What vp version is that ... I notice that it's the 1981 , or White apron version , not the 1984 black apron.

That one would be 9.2.x I think as it was configured before I updated my home cab. The actual table is whatever was in Brad's super pack.

9.9 version

Plays like a nightmare sometimes. Ball zips around like a trapped fly and usually ends up draining down the side. Then sometimes you just get it going like you want it. I think once I got that 8 ball shot sorted things might be different as you got that collect bonus hole behind it too ?

Might force JustAnotherRat to play again, as I stayed out of the Spoon spot by a mere 77k ;)

http://s8.postimg.org/axsojbnrp/20150223_164331.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75076[/ATTACH]

Most of my games are on 9.9 (I only play a different version when I get time for a game during lunch breaks at work) and I just thought it was me being bad. Usually I look at conversations about different versions being harder than others and figure that I just suck at them all so it doesn't matter. Playing this though the ball goes crazy fast at times and not having nudge I reckon costs me a lot of points. Both this and Star Trek seem to like balls draining down the side but I also watch plenty straight down the middle thinking 'if only I could nudge it'.

Damn, spoon is mine again :(

I had a go of the pm5 version and couldn't break a million after about 5 games. Though both the bonus multiplier targets and the 8 ball are much easier to hit, the lack of nudge in pm5 makes the game so much harder. I heard you can add nudge to pm5 tables, but I haven't a clue how and a bit too lazy to find out ;)

I heard you can add nudge to pm5 tables, but I haven't a clue how and a bit too lazy to find out ;)

I thought even the default Physmod5 allowed nudging? But anyway, I use mjr's modified version "vpinball-physmod5-accelmod-8-20-2014.exe" available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0gtnrck3yr9w9oa/AAAZpK2Nhw2HtOshcJWkIe6ha

This definitely has both keyboard and analogue nudging, with the benefit of all settings being saved under a different registry key, so modifying settings for this version won't affect settings of other version like VP9.9. It's then simple to automatically run multiple versions under PinballX.

I thought even the default Physmod5 allowed nudging? But anyway, I use mjr's modified version "vpinball-physmod5-accelmod-8-20-2014.exe" available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0gtnrck3yr9w9oa/AAAZpK2Nhw2HtOshcJWkIe6ha

This definitely has both keyboard and analogue nudging, with the benefit of all settings being saved under a different registry key, so modifying settings for this version won't affect settings of other version like VP9.9. It's then simple to automatically run multiple versions under PinballX.

much appreciated for the link ! I'll definitely have to retry both physmod tables with that exe.

EDIT: Tried that PM5 with nudge - the ball only moves the tiniest amount when nudging, as to be almost no nudge at all :unsure

Edited by Jed