Thread: VPGL3 GAME 6 - Eight Ball Deluxe [FINISHED]

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)

Attachment 75076

Most of my games are on 9.9 (I only play a different version when I get time for a game during lunch breaks at work) and I just thought it was me being bad. Usually I look at conversations about different versions being harder than others and figure that I just suck at them all so it doesn't matter. Playing this though the ball goes crazy fast at times and not having nudge I reckon costs me a lot of points. Both this and Star Trek seem to like balls draining down the side but I also watch plenty straight down the middle thinking 'if only I could nudge it'.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)

Damn, spoon is mine again

I had a go of the pm5 version and couldn't break a million after about 5 games. Though both the bonus multiplier targets and the 8 ball are much easier to hit, the lack of nudge in pm5 makes the game so much harder. I heard you can add nudge to pm5 tables, but I haven't a clue how and a bit too lazy to find out

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    I heard you can add nudge to pm5 tables, but I haven't a clue how and a bit too lazy to find out
    I thought even the default Physmod5 allowed nudging? But anyway, I use mjr's modified version "vpinball-physmod5-accelmod-8-20-2014.exe" available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0gtnrck3y...HtOshcJWkIe6ha

This definitely has both keyboard and analogue nudging, with the benefit of all settings being saved under a different registry key, so modifying settings for this version won't affect settings of other version like VP9.9. It's then simple to automatically run multiple versions under PinballX.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OzBlackKnight View Post
    I thought even the default Physmod5 allowed nudging? But anyway, I use mjr's modified version "vpinball-physmod5-accelmod-8-20-2014.exe" available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0gtnrck3y...HtOshcJWkIe6ha

This definitely has both keyboard and analogue nudging, with the benefit of all settings being saved under a different registry key, so modifying settings for this version won't affect settings of other version like VP9.9. It's then simple to automatically run multiple versions under PinballX.
    much appreciated for the link ! I'll definitely have to retry both physmod tables with that exe.

EDIT: Tried that PM5 with nudge - the ball only moves the tiniest amount when nudging, as to be almost no nudge at all
    Last edited by Jed; 24th February 2015 at 08:06 PM.

State
    Vic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Purely to get some points haha. I'm not a fan of this one....

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)

Time's up!

Tough nut this one. Not too many big scores. Dedrok blowing the competition away.

1. Dedrok: 5,192,980 - 25
    2. Kane: 2,669,660 - 20
    3. JustAnotherRat: 1,483,570 - 16
    4. Jammasized: 1,207,480 - 13
    5. Krusto: 524,980

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information