Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

1942: Best Version?

• Super Moderator
Yep .. I have just bought a 60 in 1 board and will be retro-fitting this into my cabinet. The version of 1942 is spot on ! And 1943 is spot on too (though single player) ..

1942 on 60 in one spot on.?..

I thought it jumped from L1 through to L32 or something..?

• Administrators
I can assure you the 60 in 1 version is nice but its not spot on, the sound is pretty ordinary. :)

Thats the common problem across this board. I can't believe it's still a problem though. Obviously enough people are buying the original design to not warrant a decent re-do of the hardware.

Brad

• Administrators

Its improved from earlier versions but still pretty meh. Lets face it mate, with the 60 in 1 you get what you pay for, cheap bootleg knockoffs on cheap hardware.

The 60 in 1 popular because it's cheap and does the job adequately. :) personally I'd still take a Arcade SD or MAME over one though but they are expensive alternatives.

I don't think the Arcade SD supports 1942 though :(

• Administrators

The arcadeSD doesn't have 1942? Wow!

I love the idea of the arcadeSD but it's super expensive imo. I'd rather just put in an old pc but I'm fortunate enough to be able to acquire these fairly easily for free unlike most people.

Brad

• Administrators
Arcade SD does have 1942 now - it came in with the last update.

PS as far as non arcade versions go, the Playstation Capcom Generations has a good version. Also has a tate mode to make it even more like the arcade.

I haven't been following the updates, I've just lost interest with the board and I own 2 of them, Brad is right its over priced and the lack of promised updates is disappointing to say the least.

• Administrators
I hope so man, I don't mind paying a premium for quality but the updates is what sold the board for me. I can't really recommend it to others anymore as it stands from a value for money point of view, specially now with the AU$ going down.