Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Iphone Icloud Login Bypass

Bought a used Iphone 4S today. Tried to set it up and it is asking for the previous owners login to Icloud. I contacted her and she cant remember the password, old linked email deleted blah blah blah.

I have spent the last 2hrs trying to google a solution with no luck. Tried restoring but that didnt work.

Does anyone know a way around this? From what I can see is that only Apple can remove the account with proof of purchase.

She has offered a refund but would rather get this sorted.

Yup, contact AppleCare with proof of purchase, or get a refund. There's no way around it as the password is stored in secure non-volatile memory and can't be wiped by restoring, letting the battery go flat etc. The whole point of it is to stop the massive market for stolen phones.

Yup, contact AppleCare with proof of purchase, or get a refund. There's no way around it as the password is stored in secure non-volatile memory and can't be wiped by restoring, letting the battery go flat etc. The whole point of it is to stop the massive market for stolen phones.

Yep already hooked up a refund.

Luckily honest seller.