Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL3 Game 2 - Bram Stoker's Dracula [FINISHED]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74028[/ATTACH]

Only played a few games of this one... not sure what I think of it yet but thanks to SteveOz sharing the link I have spent more time playing with colours on DMD's than actually playing tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

@Jammasized How do you have the backglass end and your DMD start on the one screen? I wouldn't mind playing around with this but don't know how.

BTW I am using the set uploaded by Brad and have had to tweak some things to have them run properly and have only come across a couple that I can get to play at all and only one that comes to mind that constantly crashes (others have an occasional crash but I expect that is just the nature of VP and some tables). I have changed from the Hyperpin frontend that he shared though to Pinball X, there are some problems I need to iron out but all in all, it is a great pack.

I agree, and the work Brad put into making the two screen table pack that I shared into a Hyperpin pack was a staggering amount of work and has been a massive boon for people starting out, the guy deserves an AA award I reckon if such a thing exisited! But given the pack was basically the same content as mine but whittled down etc, I didn't find it of much use to me given my tend not to want to bother about all the extra work associated with having a front end like Hyperpin or Pinballx. but that's just my preference and general laziness ;)

With your question about the DMD my pinball is 2x 40" so the backglass is a 40" mounted vertically, you use half the display and get a 4:3 aspect, which looks great for SS and EM backglasses. When I play DMD The backglass is a standard B2S backglass with a grille, I drag the DMD so it covers the whole grille on the backglass, as you can see in the Dredded Pin. the larger than life DMD does not look standard, but I find it much easier to read and great for playing video modes. But the main reason is that for the older eras like SS and EM which I prefer, the backglass image fills the whole screen, and displays in proportions that are faithfuil to the original machines. I'd actually like to put a 46" in vertically as the backglass - as then you'd get the same 'wider than playfield' look that a real machine has.

Bit of an obsession I've found :) Sorry for my rambling.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about a real DMD, can't get more authentic, but for some reason not, not common in a pincab??

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/25/5c3c9d0f8caa97ccb3d36d29dd3b63f7.jpg

Yeah, I'm definitely considering that too. It's on my wish list along with an analogue plunger.

What about a real DMD, can't get more authentic, but for some reason not, not common in a pincab??

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/25/5c3c9d0f8caa97ccb3d36d29dd3b63f7.jpg

Not so good if you're into the EM's and SS's. I really love my solid states, so that was the inspiration for my 1st build. Cannot stand the stretched old school back glass.

I did plan on one day doing a 2nd build for DMD's only ..... and a real DMD is a must.

Time's Up !

And another one to Dedrok :)

Final results for that blood sucking Phreak:

1. Dedrok: 13,647,776,210 - 25

2. StevOz: 4,076,658,780 - 20

3. Jammasized: 3,507,147,160 - 16

4. Krusto: 2,859,907,700 - 13

5. Kane: 1,931,247,690 - 11

6. JustAnotherRat: 171,951,930 - 10

7. Mrbungle: 8,608,840 - 9

Stand by for new tables and ladder update....