Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Horror/scary movies

I love a good horror movie, I have been watching some lately but nothing that has chilled me to the bone or has given me nightmares, which is disappointing.

Some of the movies I have watched are:

- The Shining

- A Nightmare on Elm Street

- Halloween

- Wolf Creek (what a load of crap)

- Texas Chainsaw Massacre

- Saw

- Friday the 13th

Any other recommendations?

Cheers,

Matthew

For me the best horror movie is The Mist. Not only is it a a must see and a great movie, but it also has the best ending of pretty much any movie I've seen.

I hate the ending in that movie lol, but it is a good movie.

To the OP I don't think any of these movies are going to give you nightmares unless your an 8 year old kid, but take a pick of any of these horror movies from my VHS collection

[ATTACH]73670[/ATTACH]

I can't believe no one has mentioned:

Hostel

I Spit on your grave 1&2

Drag me to Hell

The hills have eyes 1&2

To the OP I don't think any of these movies are going to give you nightmares unless your an 8 year old kid, but take a pick of any of these horror movies from my VHS collection

[ATTACH]73670[/ATTACH]

Hellraiser might be fun. I have seen some of the House movies, they are more comedic than scary. Stephen King's Thinner might be worth a shot, "IT" was scary and I am reminded of it every time I see a clown!

I can't believe no one has mentioned:

Hostel

I Spit on your grave 1&2

Drag me to Hell

The hills have eyes 1&2

I have not seen Hostel but I have seen Hostel 2, lots of gore but not scary for me. I will try the other ones, hopefully something will scare me as much as "The Birds" did when I was 5 years old!

Cheers,

Matthew

• Administrators

The Hellraiser movies and Evil Dead if you want a good splatter fest. Pinhead from Hellraiser is a great evil philosopher.

Not truly scary, but great films. Actually, Evil Dead is a bit of a giggle in places.

Dave

Evil Dead is a better film, although I may be misleading with my use of the term "better" :)

Dave

I will give this a go Dave, I have heard from various other people that it is a good movie.

No American werewolf in London then the remake of the blob

Not scary, but thoroughly entertaining. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,

Matthew