Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Black Light carpet

Hi all,

I’m considering bringing in a few rolls of Black Light carpet, and just wanted to gauge if there is any interest for it. I had this carpet in my old games room, and would like to put this down again when I get to Qld. Price wise I expect this to cost around $120AU a linear metre, but I would need a 5 metre minimum buy. Carpet size is 3.6 meters wide.

At this stage the patterns I plan to buy (depending on interest) are Matrix (Which is what I had originally) and Starz.

Matrix

Matrix08.jpg.968fe8e559601d21f0df15b8818f9f10.jpg

Starz

Starz08.jpg.3872cbdfde905cc04eaea69bef04486e.jpg

This is what the Matrix design looked like in my old games room, but it did look even better in person.

http://www.aussiearcade.com/album.php?albumid=310

I don’t plan to be in Qld until next year, but as the Aussie dollar is heading south, I plan to secure at least 1 roll soon.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Up-date: Quantity spoken for so far.

Matrix: Sold Out

Starz: Sold Out.

These quantities are based on those that have replied to my post, and via PM, including expressions of interest in off-cuts.

Edited by Johns-Arcade
Added info

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly interested. What other designs are available? What's it look like without a black light?

The web site is here.

http://www.astrocarpetmills.com/

The carpet looks like the picture I've posted without black lights, it just fluoresces when subjected to black lights.

The biggest problem with picking multiple designs is cost, as buying smaller amounts pushes up the price considerably. I was planning to buy 2 full rolls, which works out at 60 linear metres. If enough people are interested, I'm happy to purchase another design.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

yeah possbily interested too for the games room im building. hows the best way to use blacklight with it as I know nothing about it?? do you need a certain number of blacklights per room size etc??

In my old games room I had a row of black lights at foot level, plus 2 x twin 18W tubes mounted on the ceiling. The room area was 7M x 4M and the carpet really glowed well. Depending on the size of the room, if you didn't want to mount any lights at foot level, try twin 36W lights per 8 meters square. I also believe another member @Shock_And_Awe mounted black lights under his Pinballs.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Guys could also get a couple of linear metres and have it overlocked locally (about $5 per metre) as a rug for their games room... linear metre is 3.66m wide

Yes, this is another good option.

- - - Updated - - -

I would be interested a mats I can post up size tomorrow.

Are you in Sydney now.

Thx 44

Don't put two together they will breed

Yes, I'm currently in Sydney, but the carpet will be landed in Qld.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

I have up-dated my original post outlining the quantity spoken for so far.

PLEASE NOTE: I plan to place the order over the coming days. The carpet will not land in Oz until early next year, and in Brisbane. I will not be asking for any money upfront, but kindly ask those that have requested carpet to follow through on arrival.

If the time table for delivery is too long, I fully understand if you wish to cancel out.

Can all those that have requested carpet, please confirm the length and style via PM.

Thanks,

Johns-Arcade.

Can all those that have requested carpet, please confirm the length and style via PM.

Done.

Thanks John. This is awesome.

Just a suggestion is to maybe give it another week for others to see this and hope in on the group buy?

Black Light carpet

In my old games room I had a row of black lights at foot level, plus 2 x twin 18W tubes mounted on the ceiling. The room area was 7M x 4M and the carpet really glowed well. Depending on the size of the room, if you didn't want to mount any lights at foot level, try twin 36W lights per 8 meters square. I also believe another member @Shock_And_Awe mounted black lights under his Pinballs.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Hey John, I started playing with black light. Then read its bad for you. What do you think.

I got 2 fluro tubes from jaycar works ok but I think it needs 4 tubes together.

I gave up when I read about health probs.

Don't put two together they will breed

I just copied this info from the net.

Although black lights produce light in the UV range, their spectrum is mostly confined to the longwave UVA region, that is, UV radiation nearest in wavelength to visible light, with low frequency and therefore relatively low energy. While low, there is still some power of a conventional black light in the UVB range.[20] UVA is the safest of the three spectra of UV light, although high exposure to UVA has been linked to the development of skin cancer in humans. The relatively low energy of UVA light does not cause sunburn. UVA is capable of causing damage to collagen fibers, however, so it does have the potential to accelerate skin aging and cause wrinkles. UVA can also destroy vitamin A in the skin.

UVA light has been shown to cause DNA damage, but not directly, like UVB and UVC. Due to its longer wavelength, it is absorbed less and reaches deeper into skin layers, where it produces reactive chemical intermediates such as hydroxyl and oxygen radicals, which in turn can damage DNA and result in a risk of melanoma. The weak output of black lights, however, is not considered sufficient to cause DNA damage or cellular mutations in the way that direct summer sunlight can, although there are reports that overexposure to the type of UV radiation used for creating artificial suntans on sunbeds can cause DNA damage, photoaging (damage to the skin from prolonged exposure to sunlight), toughening of the skin, suppression of the immune system, cataract formation and skin cancer.

I think you would have more to worry about on a sunny day then spending a few hours in your games room.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

• 1 month later...

Just an up-date for those that have carpet ordered, the carpet has now left the mill and being sent to the shippers in the USA. Expected delivery in Australia is still for early next year.

I still have carpet available if anyone else is interested.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.