Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Retromania Closing Down :(

Nothing there to buy. What a joke 10% discount. LOL normally closing down should be 30% - 50% off.

And what sort of markup exactly do you think he had on his products?

This isn't whitegood and palsma TVs where everyone puts 70% markups on, you know. :)

And what sort of markup exactly do you think he had on his products?

This isn't whitegood and palsma TVs where everyone puts 70% markups on, you know. :)

Bah! he would have had at least a 100% mark up on virtually everything. If you buy direct from taiwan, joysticks are about $5 ea and buttons about $0.30 ea.

I think it's just important to know that a Aussie Supplier is closing down.

Less competition in the market...

true it is a shame but unfortunatly that is business these days :cry

surprised bumper with there prices manages it these days

I think it's just important to know that a Aussie Supplier is closing down.

Less competition in the market...

I wouldn't really call the Australia arcade industry a "market". Hobbyists aren't willing to spend an extra $0.50 to support a local seller and would rather buy from overseas at the drop of a hat, and ops seem hellbent on using 20 year old hardware to save a dollar.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. I honestly don't know how anyone could make a living out of 100% arcade-related sales. Unless you have some sort of other business on the side, it's a pretty bleak future for anyone in this "market".

yeah, it's a shame for sure, but, it's an overcrowded market as it is here in Oz, there simply isn't the population density to support such a 'niche' hobby!!

I'd personally rather spend a couple of bucks more buying 'locally' and having a chat rather than wait for weeks for shipping

• 2 weeks later...
yeah, it's a shame for sure, but, it's an overcrowded market as it is here in Oz, there simply isn't the population density to support such a 'niche' hobby!!

I'd personally rather spend a couple of bucks more buying 'locally' and having a chat rather than wait for weeks for shipping

Exactly, I prefer to shop locally to support them but also for warranty purposes. I finally got around to ordering all my joysticks and buttons and got them from Retromania. The web based ordering system worked great and shipping was very reasonable from WA to Vic. It is a shame.

Simon.