Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MGL 23 - Scoreboard [8 of 8 Games Completed]

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

To everyone who posted interesting comments on this thread I'd like to say the MGL is for you guys to have fun, enjoy the games and the community.

One sci-fi concept which best explains the MGL to me comes to mind ...
    I am a big fan of comedies and one sci-fi program I really enjoy is Red Dwarf.
    They had one episode called 'Call Me Legion', where an alien life form existed only from the combined consciousness of the Red Dwarf crew. If all were unconscious or left the abode, the alien would not exist.
    A quote from the episode which sticks in my mind is "Without you my friends", says Legion, "I am quite literally, nothing."
    So the parody for me is that the MGL exists from your consciousness, your participation, your great comments and friendly competitive spirit. Without you, there is literally nothing.

Also, I read your posts and Rat is right, Another Rat is right, Barra is right, Firepower is right and anyone else about what games to play.
    Why right is because that is your opinion and who am I to say you are wrong. One key is to try and satisfy as many people as possible and then make changes to satisfy other points of view where possible.
    Never played before games have come up often in every MGL that I have been honoured to run and I have asked you what mix you want and then tried to satisfy others in different MGLs ...

MGL 19: Hidden favourite popular vote: 2 new games out of 8, participation 1054 posts
    MGL 20: Hidden favourite popular vote: 2 new games out of 8, participation 1758 posts
    MGL 21: Hidden favourite popular vote (guaranteed minimum 4 never played before): 5 new games out of 8, participation 951 posts
    MGL 22: Hidden favourite popular vote: 1 new game out of 8, participation 1239 posts
    MGL 23: Hidden favourite popular vote, never played before only: 8 new games out of 8, participation 947 posts

The more new games shows participation goes down markedly, however to satisfy a broad range of requests I have changed it up as you requested ...
    Many want to play the popular games (some may argue better games) and have not played them before in a MGL where others have, so I changed it up as you requested ...
    So MGL 24 will be different again ... see you next Monday ...

Quote Originally Posted by wingtipvortex View Post
    Yes, it's been a while! Going to try and get my gaming mojo back on, and getting back on AA is a good start!
    It would be super to have you back in the MGL, as one of the founding members and let's see if you really can get your mojo back.
    Last edited by OOO; 10th February 2015 at 08:09 PM.

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLI. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1432 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingtipvortex View Post
    Yes, it's been a while! Looks like OOO is doing a top job here. Going to try and get my gaming mojo back on, and getting back on AA is a good start!
    Where have you been Andy. ... Good to see you back

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    703 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OOO View Post

I asked MamePatrol to send me a pic of the finished MGL 23 winner's shirt, so I could see what it looked like when it was made ... we'll never see it otherwise ...

Great workmanship and a terrific result, nice work MamePatrol ...

Lucky Rob, it is on it's way to you too!
    Just got home from work to find a well stuffed letterbox. Figured I'd better go inside before trying the shirt on so I don't scare the locals or small furry animals. The photo in the Rampage thread wasn't that far from the truth.

Looks amazing and most importantly fits over my oversized guts without a drama.

Thanks again to MamePatrol and OOO. I'll get a photo up sometime soon.

Cheers

Rob

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information