Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Lowndes Edition Commodore SS-V Redline

Cursed

I just wanted to share my excitement on putting down a deposit last weekend on a Lowndes Edition Commodore SS-V Redline!

I have had my current car for over 9 years now so this will be an exciting change for me, I currently have a 4WD Hyundai so going to a V8 commodore with all the bells and whistles has me very excited.

I get 14-15 litres to 100klm out of my car now so the fuel should be roughly the same and my daily drive to work is 10 minutes away so that is fine. I do loose the ability to put a pinball machine in my car though so that is a bummer, but that is what trailers are for i guess and i dont buy them often so it is not that big a deal.

I was tossing up between a Calais V8 and the Chrysler 300 SRT8 and i was going to buy later on, but when the Lowndes edition got announced in July to celebrate 20 years since he started in V8's it peaked my interest as i am a V8 Supercar and Lowndes fan.

After looking at the specs the SS-V Redline has everything the Calais does and more and the SRT8 is nice but i liked the little extras on the Commodore like the heads up display and electric park brake. I do prefer the look of the Commodore after seeing them side by side, plus this pulls the heart strings more and it is a limited edition so the 'Lowndes' edition was a no brainer in the end.

We are buying blind so to speak as there are only a couple of photos to go by, but the spec list is decent (surprised no power updates) plus it comes with a couple of extras.

Standard car

Commodore SS-V Redline in Red or White (manual or auto)

Unique Features

20in staggered configuration wheels and tyres

8.5in front and 9in rear forged alloy wheels in black

High Performance 245/275 20in Bridgestone Potenza tyres Front and Rear

4 piston Brembo brakes

Red Hot Engine cover

Tyre pressure monitoring system

Black V8 power hood decal ? incorporating 6.0l V8 graphic

Phantom Black roof and mouldings (Holden factory painted)

Black grille surrounds and fender vents ? front upper in Red (Black on white vehicles)

Black DRL surrounds

Black window surrounds & mirror caps

Unique body side decals

Rear wing spoiler in black

Enhanced graphic sill plates

Carpet floor mats

Craig Lowndes embroidered ?dash pad?

Unique Boot badge

Individually numbered build plate

It also comes with an invite to tour the Red Bull Racing headquarters with Lowndes sometime next year, 2 tickets to a local race next year with passes to go into the Red Bull Racing teams garage and a copy of the build plate framed and signed by Craig.

By ordering before the end of August i also got to choose my build number so hopefully that will pan out. I had to choose 3 numbers (if requests double up apparently Craig will draw them out) and there will only be 161 made. Number of Bathurst laps if you were wondering. Number 1 is going to Craig and Holden are keeping 161.

Anyway i have waffled on enough, as you can tell i am a little excited and i have to wait awhile as the cars will not be built till Novermber/December. I am getting a Red Auto. Anyway here are some, actually the only (mockup) photos of the car.......:D

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o780/Cursed1_/FrontandBack_zpsa8d621db.jpg

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o780/Cursed1_/Bonnet_zps06b43607.jpg

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o780/Cursed1_/Logo_zps8a4e2c6d.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds great @Cursed !!

I find this thread quite funny as I'm in a very similar situation myself . We must be both going through our mid-life crisis ... :lol

Thinking of getting rid of my 4 x 4 and getting a HSV Maloo ute R8 with SV enhancement pack .

What's the kw / hp rating of those SS-V redlines ?

Lowndes Edition Commodore SS-V Redline

Sounds great @Cursed !!

I find this thread quite funny as I'm in a very similar situation myself . We must be both going through our mid-life crisis ... :lol

Thinking of getting rid of my 4 x 4 and getting a HSV Maloo ute R8 with SV enhancement pack .

Lol yeah it's a mid life I just bought a 2013 VE SS series 2 great price low K's and soon it's getting tuned with cold air intake and exhaust hoping for around 320 kws. It's the Brock blue in colour.

Pin wagon is gone lol

Sounds good. That's one hell of a change from your current car :)

Have not had a V8 since i was 21 so its been a long time. As others have said must be my mid life crisis.

Great stuff Michael well done it looks very nice :-) let's see how long you keep your license lol only gagging.

Nah, Moyra always says i drive like an old woman so i will just get TO the speed limit quicker. :D

Cool! Cold air, exhaust & retune really get them moving

I am going from a heavy, slow 4WD that has the aerodynamics of a brick to this so i think i will find its standard power enough for now. Good to know i have the option though, long as the exhaust does not drone.....hated that in my old V8's.

Sounds great @Cursed !!

Haha, yeah Scott i think it is. Not sure i am going to call it a crisis though as man am i enjoying it!

270kw in manual form and 260kw in the auto. Auto does have the fuel saving feature though where it shuts down 4 cylinders when not needed which i like the sound of, plus i am lazy i am way past changing gears manually now. Too old for that shit! :laugh:

out of interested is this the new brock commodore?

No i don't believe so, Holden have said they will be releasing limited editions like this until they stop production.

So there could be say a Skaife, Kelly,Whincup or Bathurst edition for instance. That is all speculation though.

I also think this is why no performance upgrades so they do not step into HSV's arena.

Thanks for the comments guys, ill update this thread when i have any news.

Ha Ha , I'm sensing a NSW - VIC - ?? V8 roadtrip .

Hell yeah .

Still not 100% on mine as job security's a bit so-so for me at the moment .

Best of luck with it Michael . I'm sure you'll be over the moon with your purchase . Congrats .

Looks awesome. You won't regret it! Funnily enough I have a HSV V8 and we are looking at getting a 4WD! But I told the wife I would rather give my HSV V8 to my Dad and keep it in the family rather then taking a crappy trade in! I have had it for 11 years and I couldn't bear to sell it, even though it's getting old and falling apart!

• 2 weeks later...

Love the new VF. Great looking car. I have the VE SSV 6 speed manual ute and absolutely love it and will upgrade at some point.

Just not sure whether to go ute again or back to a Calais. The 6L is such a great motor. Power and economy. And not to turn this into a that's a bad idea thread. I have run it's entire life on E10 and never missed a beat and the same economy as a mate who swears by pulp.

They are not mid life crisis. They are what we deserve for working so bloody hard all these years. Kids say how come you got that now. I tell ll them I couldn't afford it when they were eating me out of house and home. :laugh: you'll love it when it arrives so make sure you enjoy it.

Life's too short not to have a few luxuries. Did someone say Pinball. ;)

@Cursed Any updates Michael?, like your requested build #?. Sure is a nice package and all those extra curricular activities thrown in as well make it all the sweeter.

No not much news at the moment, i don't expect to hear much until Bathurst now which is when i believe they are officially launching the car.

Not sure about build numbers as there are rumours they may increase the build amount from 161.

That GTS ute is mighty sweet, congrats to Eors!

@CruiserMan any photos of your new toy?

No not much news at the moment, i don't expect to hear much until Bathurst now which is when i believe they are officially launching the car.

Not sure about build numbers as there are rumours they may increase the build amount from 161.

That GTS ute is mighty sweet, congrats to Eors!

@CruiserMan any photos of your new toy?

Hi Michael, see you tomorrow, I have a VE SS with a mild cam, headers, full bi-modal exhaust, mafless tune etc.

It gets down the road at a decent clip :)

That Lowndes edition looks super nice, chat tomorrow.

Got an exciting call today from my dealer letting me know my build number.........:D

I got #15 which makes me very happy!

That number is Craig's original number when he started in V8's and Holden.

You will have to get Craig to sign something on that car. Awsome that you got his early HRT days number. Congrats mate.