Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL2 Game 8 (final game) - Close Encounters

Really?

OK whatever, now that explains your score, though really that's not how it was or should be played, still no problem expect this game to be clocked at least twice or thrice.

game on indeed!

Oh are we going 3 ball or 5 ball then?

I did say I got 4 extra balls in that score so, um, yeah, thought that was fairly obvious.

Oh, and yes, 3 balls:rolleyes

Really?

OK whatever, now that explains your score, though really that's not how it was or should be played, still no problem expect this game to be clocked at least twice or thrice.

game on indeed!

Oh are we going 3 ball or 5 ball then?

Though got to say your killing the challenge, realism and calling things upon your own whim.

Well, you're welcome not to play. Please yourself. It takes time to put something like this on, I'd just as soon not run it if I have to put up with this kind of moaning. Just play and stop being such a little bitch. Smiley.

Uh, oh.

Is Mars traversing Venus or something????

VPF is having a melt down over Physmod tables and permission issues now I find AA-VPinball is going out on rom settings.

I am just happy that I have a legitimate reason to tell the missus that I have a score to submit into a comp, which gets me playing Vpin.

Happy days.

This table plays so nice .

Almost rolled it twice but fell just short .. :(

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71807[/ATTACH]

What's the proper etiquette for proving a rollover ? I missed getting a screenshot before it rolled .

Got 3 extra balls on ball 1 by getting an extra each time while playing each ball ( can only get 1 extra ball per ball in play as far as I can tell ).

2 extra balls on ball 2 .

Well, you're welcome not to play. Please yourself. It takes time to put something like this on, I'd just as soon not run it if I have to put up with this kind of moaning. Just play and stop being such a little bitch. Smiley.

Hey just saying like those are not factory settings, so yeah whatever, I'll still be playing call it a moan if you will and if it makes you feel better but really you think that LMFAO! :D

Um who actually contacted an author and made a desktop version available , never mind as you were and I'm no ones bitch buddy! :)

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=10038

Either way I'm looking forward to the next round, hey it's only pinball well something like that...

Edited by StevOz

I nominated Jungle queen as it presented as a nice table. In my small world I would never have thought that a table available in full screen would not be available for desktops. Sure the community thanks you for the effort that you put into modding it, but if I had of know it was not across both formats I would have not nominated it at all.

As for this comp, well it has been enjoyable but it's a bit hard to be specific about the table that has been selected. So many of us have different configurations that in the end it's a game being played for two weeks and that's it.

What I want to do is place a barrier across both left and right drains, increase the friction and maybe, just maybe I can get a reasonable score.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71975[/ATTACH]

I decided to actually try to work out what was going on rather than just bashing the ball..... Pretty sure that I could score a lot better now but time means I probably won't. I am now trying to find time to play in the MGL as and I am going out today..

Thanks for the VPGL Jammasized... has been good and is partly responsible for me ending up with a Virtual Pinball cab. Now that I have a cab I will participate properly in future VPGL's if we have them.

Hey just saying like those are not factory settings, so yeah whatever, I'll still be playing call it a moan if you will and if it makes you feel better but really you think that LMFAO! :D

Um who actually contacted an author and made a desktop version available , never mind as you were and I'm no ones bitch buddy! :)

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=10038

Either way I'm looking forward to the next round, hey it's only pinball well something like that...

Me pinny has been sick this week but after finally fixing it, I'm back in the hunt.

Stevoz It's like this. The comp is not even and we all know it, i think desktop players can score easier, that much is pretty obvious. you can say the game plays the same but I think playing full screen in a cab is fundamentally different and more challenging. There is no accountign for this we just play. we don't state roms...table versioning, or whatever. So you saying I run things 'according to my whim' is frankly fairly short-sighted and shows a lack of understanding/appreciation of the whole comp to date.

Maybe there is a lesson to be learned if there is to be a VPGL3 that we state the dip settings if any up front, extra balls/reply settings etc up front.

To be honest I would give full screen players 5 balls against desktop players 3 balls to even the field :D

Hate to say it, but my cab scores were always way higher scores than desktop.

They do play similar, but cab wins out.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

for you mate who is the #1 pinball player in the land ! For the rest of us mortals, I'm not sure it works quite the same way... example: in this comp, you can throw a blanket over the full screen players scores, we're usually grouped and in the same ballpark...which are always considerably lower than those playing desktop tables. Top three players all desktop. so I'm drawing conclusions based on that set of data.

Could be wrong though :D

for you mate who is the #1 pinball player in the land ! For the rest of us mortals, I'm not sure it works quite the same way... example: in this comp, you can throw a blanket over the full screen players scores, we're usually grouped and in the same ballpark...which are always considerably lower than those playing desktop tables. Top three players all desktop. so I'm drawing conclusions based on that set of data.

Could be wrong though :D

Just coincidence.:)

Had one of those mornings where you wake up and just cannot be arsed going to work...so I didn't..

Set game to replay, and had a better game! So, I dunno about it being any easier either way, but I can see setting to replay is fairer.

I did notice a couple times I hit the star with EB lit, the 'hit' light came on, and it didn't pay the EB wtf.... :( Didn't have one in the bank at the time either. So can do better than this I reckon/hope.

@CruiserMan far as etiquette showing a roll, I guess just take a pic when you're getting near, and then showing the roll ? I just trapped when I saw myself on 960k with more than 40k to pay.

Also - is there any way to reset the drop targets ? As you get to a stage on a ball where you've done everything, maxed out bonos 5x 20k, all targets, EB, ABC, then what's left to do but keep hitting the spinner / roto ?

ABout to roll

http://i60.tinypic.com/15rfn7r.jpg

Rolled

http://i.imgur.com/E6349kG.jpg

Game over

http://i.imgur.com/yvuZP3J.jpg

(sorry for ridiculously huge pics)

Edited by Jed

...time's up!

Cruiserman takes out the last table spoiling a Dedrok clean sweep ! and gets the extra 5 for correctly ID'ing the mad alien.

1. Cruiserman 1,915,670 - 30 poiints

2. Dedrok 1,590,210 - 20

3. Jammasized 1,555,530 - 16

4. Kane 1,009,340 - 13

5. MrBUngle: 669,680 - 11

6. AnotherRat: 618,450 - 10

7. Stevoz 417,900 - 9

Final laddder update to come.