Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Nintendo Gamecube XenoGC chip installed but.....

My Mario Kart Double Dash disc won't boot up - anyone know what might be the problem and to overcome this?

The reason why i've added the mod chip, was to get the additional 35 x songs from Donkey Konda 1 & 2 (NTSC) discs.

These two discs work plus my other titles, but the life of me, i can't seem to pin point what the problem might be with MKDD.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

My Mario Kart Double Dash disc won't boot up - anyone know what might be the problem and to overcome this?

The reason why i've added the mod chip, was to get the additional 35 x songs from Donkey Konda 1 & 2 (NTSC) discs.

These two discs work plus my other titles, but the life of me, i can't seem to pin point what the problem might be with MKDD.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Is MKDD a burnt disk? Gamecube laser are very fussy with blank media and also you need to ensure that you have adjusted the laser power pot just right to get everything working.

Without adjustments pretty much all original games will load no problems but a lot of back disks will have issues. There are guides on the net on how to adjust it.

Good morning mamejay.

The XenoGC chip is V1.05 (Red to Amber) version and all my games are the original discs.

Hesitant to touch the pot as they all load up with no problem.

Going to desolder the chip this weekend and hard wire it instead to this switch.

Should work then.

SC.

Is MKDD a burnt disk? Gamecube laser are very fussy with blank media and also you need to ensure that you have adjusted the laser power pot just right to get everything working.

Without adjustments pretty much all original games will load no problems but a lot of back disks will have issues. There are guides on the net on how to adjust it.

ittCannonpushbutton.thumb.jpg.4a4881ae0192f9adc91d97ae7d25e26a.jpg

hey Prince

First make sure the disk is clean & not damaged (I assumed you have already done this but just in case you haven't)

Are your other disks Pal ? (besides Donkey Konga), if so when you remove the chip try loading MKDD and see if it works. This way you will know if the chip if causing the problem or it's an issue with the gamecube or game ?

Yeah, all my games are original PAL purchases made here, besides the DK NTSC versions brought of late. The disc is clean, it's just that the laser won't recognize MKDD. Unfortunately, the chip doesn't allow for you to hold down a button to override it's process, hence why i'm going to do the switch exercise.

Here's are few pics of last weekends exercise.

hey Prince

First make sure the disk is clean & not damaged (I assumed you have already done this but just in case you haven't)

Are your other disks Pal ? (besides Donkey Konga), if so when you remove the chip try loading MKDD and see if it works. This way you will know if the chip if causing the problem or it's an issue with the gamecube or game ?

634545088_GC1.thumb.jpg.17af64c08c8bbca3e3ba97fa08ebdd9e.jpg

1529668511_GC2.thumb.jpg.5a63cc8784b4eb324a0b89fac88ea224.jpg

Prince I doubt that removing the chip will do anything mate. Sounds really like you laser for sure. It is real easy to adjust the pot. You just need a multi-meter to check the resistance while you are doing it.

Anyway remove the modchip and see how you go. Let us know the results.

Modchip removed and back to normal.

Shall let you guys know tonight, to see if the laser works.

Prince I doubt that removing the chip will do anything mate. Sounds really like you laser for sure. It is real easy to adjust the pot. You just need a multi-meter to check the resistance while you are doing it.

Anyway remove the modchip and see how you go. Let us know the results.

17109290_NGC1.thumb.jpg.ec1c766700da9af45e7f5d7b8b9109cf.jpg

1755728505_NGC2.thumb.jpg.f824d7a8cafa960d282210e7a538930d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Just an update with the completion to my mod.

Switch 2changeover has been set up to the power and ground of the chip. So whenever i want to play a NTSC game disc, i just take off the serial port 1 cover from the underside of the Gamecube and push the button switch in.

GC1.thumb.jpg.ec5762f76463bdc1f6b44f4c725a5a2c.jpg

GC2.thumb.jpg.113ecec9c1cbcd80bba08a0ca1152332.jpg

GC3.thumb.jpg.891b5c9c94c583738d541ce9db944d94.jpg

GC4.thumb.jpg.59b42ac2b55c2a7e2f3dc46f86cd47e4.jpg