Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What is the best Value for money Multi Meter

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fluke-101-Handheld-and-Easily-Carried-Digital-Multimeter-Brand-New-/261451540393?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item3cdfb9e7a9

Genuine Fluke - I wouldn't buy anything else. This model is made "For sale in China Only" as it is selling into a VERY tough and price sensitive market so why not take advantage of the internet and circumvent the price gouging you might get elsewhere.

For $53.37 icluding post it even has capacitance measurement. It does not measure current but then, how many hobbyists need to measure current?

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fluke-101-Handheld-and-Easily-Carried-Digital-Multimeter-Brand-New-/261451540393?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item3cdfb9e7a9

Genuine Fluke - I wouldn't buy anything else. This model is made "For sale in China Only" as it is selling into a VERY tough and price sensitive market so why not take advantage of the internet and circumvent the price gouging you might get elsewhere.

For $53.37 icluding post it even has capacitance measurement. It does not measure current but then, how many hobbyists need to measure current?

+1 for these!

Great product, just bought 2 of them, 1 for my brother (has a model train layout big enough to be seen from outer space) and 1 for myself.

Very handy :)

• 4 weeks later...

Beware of those pocket-size (usually yellow) meters sold in jaycar & altronics for about $10-20 etc....they are somewhat innacurate and have impedance issues loading down certain signals/voltages...

I was trying to adjust a bias-voltage in a valve guitar amp which was 'meant' to be set to 100mV, i couldn't get the adjustment any higher than about 25mV using those cheap meters....

Then i plugged in my Fluke and realised i had a full adjustment range of 0 to 200mV available.....

I couldn't have thrown those mini-meters out quick enuff....

Beware!!!